Conipto! Conipto! Conipto!

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

is that the "doppelganger" of the costa rican tigerump?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Well, pentaloris is to Guatamala as fasciatatum is to Costa Rica.

Jon

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
woah Big Dragonfly busting out the analagies! lol
man i hate those in english class.

Risto

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Before me and Bill blow our collective wads (both been covetting whatever that spider is on West's site), I'd need to contact Hoke.

"C. pentaloris/pentalore" (or Davus pentaloris) has been in the trade in Europe for years as a T that looks *exactly* like a fasciatum (which I presume is what Weapon-X meant by the doppleganger question).

I'm not sure what the spider pictured on West's site is as it matches not a single picture of the species anywhere else on the web. Either Rick is right and everyone else is wrong, or the spider pictured on West's site is not C. pentaloris.

OTOH, if the slings at Hokes are the West pentaloris, $75 is nothing in my eyes. Screw P. metallica! :D

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
WAAAAAAAAAAH! Knew it was too good to be true

Just got back an email from Hoke: the European fasciatum lookalike, not the holy grail of Ts :(

One day...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Damn.

Had me going, but atleast Hoke was quick enough with a reply, so that my heart wasn't totally crushed.

Bill

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Although.. Is it still a different species of cyclo? I notice hoke has three other entries for fasciatum. Might still have to see an adult of this one..

Bill

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Is it still a different species of cyclo?
I'm not 100% sure of the difference, John asked me to call him this week to get the full story on where these pentalore came from.

As best I know, which may be quite wrong, the only difference between the fasciatum and pentaloris in the pet trade is their country of origin: Costa Rica versus Guatemala. They look alike, they're the same size, and if someone else had been doing the taxonomy, they might even have been synonyms. As a comparison, consider A. seemanni, we have a mainland population and the Costa Rican population, no one considers them separate species.