confused/help

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
i was checking out some scorps 4 sale on kingsnake. and exotic pets las vegas.posted scorpio maurus fascus israli golden also posted another s.maurus palamatus, again israeli golden? ok so the pics show slightly diffrent scorps.are they just messing up on names or are these two diff species? are they the same common name, diffscientific name/what?

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
S maurus fuscus should be a dark brown or blackish scorp. S maurus palmatus is a yellowish colour. both are found in Israel. In fact S maurus is found in like 21 countries so take the 'Israeli' part being conjecture for the scorpions place of origin in the craptastic common naming of Israeli gold.

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
Well I Went And Placed My Order ! And I Sould Be Getting These Scorps In A Couple Of Days Egyption Green{b.leptochelys}
Israeli Golden{s.maurus Fascus}
Israeli Golden{s.maurus Palamatus}
Fat-tail{a.australis}and Last But Not Least
A.bicolor-whats The Common Name For This?

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
A.bicolor-whats The Common Name For This?
The Black 'n Tan Fat Tailed Hardarse....................or maybe it's something different!!

lol...Just having a chuckle dragonvet...Forget the common names and just stick to the Latin...;)

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
well i got my scorps they are awsome! the tiny one is the bicolor.he took a small cricket almost as big as him,and downed it quick too.all of them are fairly small except the a austraiis he is fat and about3 inches.so far he is a pet hole.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Do you have some experience in keeping scorps? , cause you have some very nasty ones in between your new additions.....

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
if i said yes,i would be lying.i have use to have a tarantula collection.the cobalt blue and the usambra.along with a few other nasty's. i know its not the same thing. but i use precautions as much as possiable and the last few post on caution really gave me some ideas like keeping them in seperate enclosures inside of my 55 gal,secure lids.i alway's use tongs when working around them and i do not try holding them.scince i have had a h.transplant i am not chancing it.and yes i know i am already taking enough of a chance by just having them in the same house as me.but my enterest in them is strong.i feel more comfortable housing them than tarantula's.they are fast but they don't climb like t's do and i have chased down some really fast t's{tiger rump}!they are cool but i alway's give them their space and and i am always alert when working with them{stay alert stay alive}army motto! i know the 5 starlevel scorps in my collection i read as much as possiable before i got'em.so i know the risk i take but i am comfortable with it.:cool:

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
keep your S.m.fuscus on peat. They are not desert scorps and should be kept a little humid.