Confession: I have an addiction.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have an addiction. After getting my first Scorpions a while ago, I am now addicted! I don't know what it is about Scorpions but I am addicted to them. I'm already buying more and there are so many species out there that I want to get that I am getting anxiety attacks trying to decide what my next scorpion is going to be. Anyone else find these addicting?

alexi

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yup. If I had a bigger place and more time and/or money I would definately have some more by now. I'm working on trying to breed some pill bugs I found around here (Virginia). They'll be good for keeping the tanks clean after I have a colony going, but really I just have a desire to have more critters and for now I'm limited on how many scorpions I can keep!

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ugh, your making me have flashbacks to my glory days! At one point I had about 1k specimens from over 50 species.

oh how i long to rebuild my empire, just to busy with law school at the moment. :eek:

Kathy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Repeat after me..."My name is Direwolf and I am a scorpion addict".

Don't worry, there is help. ;P

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If I ever win the lottery, I'll have a room with every specie of scorpion ever.

Nungunugu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You're telling me!

I managed to get from 1 scorpion to now ower 400 (35 species) in 3 jears. And they are just starting to breed! :)

So I can say it's definitely an addiction. lol

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have an addiction. After getting my first Scorpions a while ago, I am now addicted! I don't know what it is about Scorpions but I am addicted to them. I'm already buying more and there are so many species out there that I want to get that I am getting anxiety attacks trying to decide what my next scorpion is going to be. Anyone else find these addicting?

lol ...don't worry bout your addiction. . .at least your addiction isnt drugs or alcohol.

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If I had the funds, I would have a whole building dedicated to keeping Scorpions and other Inverts. I would set out on expeditions just to find new species or rare species. My Wallet is whats holding me back.

Gracilis

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yup, money is the problem lol... once i get some extra cash im gettin some B.gigas...:cool: :cool: :cool:

SCORPIONNOOB

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
lol ...don't worry bout your addiction. . .at least your addiction isnt drugs or alcohol.
Exactly how I look at it! I have 3 addiction in the following order

Fishing
Scorpions
T's....

Im scorpionnoob.... and I have an addiction...

Sad thing is.... IT ONLY GETS WORSE AND WORSE!:D

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I rob people so I can support my scorpion habit.

tabor

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
im afraid. in 3 years i will be making at least $90k a year... can you say largest private collection of scorps in the states?

the only thing is, i wont have the time to feed and care for them all, so im going to hire a merry maid and train her how to feed my stuff lol. :D

once I get out of law school I will be taking trips to Hamm each year, getting the newest species, and legally bringing them back to the USA.

Good thing i dont want any kids, just a hot GF, until im like 45, at which time i will marry a 25 year old woman and have a few kids. with a pre-nup signed so they dont get all my money if she decides to divorce me!

well, actually, screw the money she would take, I just want my scorps!!!!

Loudog760

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
im afraid. in 3 years i will be making at least $90k a year... can you say largest private collection of scorps in the states?

the only thing is, i wont have the time to feed and care for them all, so im going to hire a merry maid and train her how to feed my stuff lol. :D

once I get out of law school I will be taking trips to Hamm each year, getting the newest species, and legally bringing them back to the USA.

Good thing i dont want any kids, just a hot GF, until im like 45, at which time i will marry a 25 year old woman and have a few kids. with a pre-nup signed so they dont get all my money if she decides to divorce me!

well, actually, screw the money she would take, I just want my scorps!!!!
Haha! Sounds like a plan.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not even an "intervention" would cure my acracknid addiction! I started with one H. arizonensis and now... well, it's out of control. My computer room is now an invert room. {D

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
"you got any scorps man?"

"yeah, I got your scorps..." "you got the money?" :O)

Tell me about it. I started looking for them to trade for Tarantulas. It didn't take but a week before I started trading for scorps. About a month later, I bought a blacklight and started going to the desert. Now I want to be an arachnologist, REALLY. I also would like to go collecting in other parts of the world in the future and look foward to lots of field work more so than scope work. I would also like to contribute to science whether funded or not and want to find a way to keep/collect/and do field work. There is so much to learn and see and species to get that it would be real hard to get bored if you wanted to get deep. OR you can get an emp and put it on your desk and get a decade of enjoyment out of it. You can stay home and breed and watch and report to us all how that reddelli sting feels, or you can go hiking in the andes and find your own. I love them. Can't get enough either DW! :O)