Condensation problems again

Benzen

Arachnopeon
That's an absurd myth that has been spreaded over an ober again...

Yup. It's the same reason why i don't understand the hate for heat lamps. In the end it all depends on the keeper. I use a single 50w heat lamp to keep my 3 Ts comfy in the 20°C region at night. The heat lamp is LED, it has enough distance and since my 3 Ts aren't adults yet, the single lamp is enough for all 3 of them. They have hides and burrows to thermoregulate themselves. In the morning when the radiator is activated again (night time deactivated by my landlord) i turn the light off. I find heat from above is way more natural than some mat on the side.

Dorifto

He who moists xD
Yup. It's the same reason why i don't understand the hate for heat lamps. In the end it all depends on the keeper. I use a single 50w heat lamp to keep my 3 Ts comfy in the 20°C region at night. The heat lamp is LED, it has enough distance and since my 3 Ts aren't adults yet, the single lamp is enough for all 3 of them. They have hides and burrows to thermoregulate themselves. In the morning when the radiator is activated again (night time deactivated by my landlord) i turn the light off. I find heat from above is way more natural than some mat on the side.
Yeah, same applies for lamps. I used to not recommend them before because people use to make absolute nightmare of enclosures...

Now I preffer to explain them how to use them properly, same goes for the heat mats, heating a small portion, always using a thermostat and more importantly, always providing a cool hide or burrow to retreat when they need to.

If it's done correctly, it's a pretty safe way to keep your Ts warm and healthy.

Benzen

Arachnopeon
I used to not recommend them before because people use to make absolute nightmare of enclosures...
I would argue that 99% of T deaths are the keepers fault due to bad husbandry and lack of research. I've seen such horrible enclosures, heat lamps INSIDE enclosures or just few inches/cm away....
So much people aren't using their brain and then blame perfectly fine equipment (such as mats or lamps) as the culprit. On the surface: yes, it's the culprit for a T death, but on a deeper level, the keeper is to blame for not researching how to properly use that equipment.