Concerned about my giant centipede...

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Has anyone had issues with springtails annoying their pede?
Never used those. IMO they are only a useless optional and nothing else, if you have the right ventilation and ASAP remove the prey remains mold isn't an issue.

And I have a 0.1 S.subspinipes that as you know require a more humid parameter rather than S.polymorpha :-s

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Has anyone had issues with springtails annoying their pede? I was thinking about getting some for my planted Polymorpha tank.
Yes, i've had these wild springtails in my S.subspinipes cage and it was a obvious problem for it. so I cranked the heat and killed them all off.

Crowbawt

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the advice on springtails. My planted cage is well vented and hasn't had any mold issues thus far, so I'll hold off on them.

Jesse James

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the advice on springtails. My planted cage is well vented and hasn't had any mold issues thus far, so I'll hold off on them.
I would give them a try, see how your pede reacts to them. They do a great job controlling mold and breaking down dead leafs.

InvertAdict

Arachnopeon
My Vietnamese giant (not sure what species) keeps scratching its self like a dog. I also recently found a small white mite like thing in the substrate.(I don't know much about them)
I don't have spring tails but I do have some wood lice and all they do is eat some of the leaf litter and substrate.
I also keep seeing little white dots on it.
Please help me help him.
This video shows a S. heros scratching just like mine is: