If you haven't read the bite report submitted yesterday by Draiman
you probably should do so. Cacoseraph said that it was possible that
S. Alternans might deliver the most serious bite of the Scolopendra
group. I don't see another posting by Draiman today so I am a bit worried
about him.:?

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
No offence but why would you induce a bite. :?
Are you working on research on neurotoxins or any kind of pede venoms?...I mean...
Thats beyond me.

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If you haven't read the bite report submitted yesterday by Draiman
you probably should do so. Cacoseraph said that it was possible that
S. Alternans might deliver the most serious bite of the Scolopendra
group. I don't see another posting by Draiman today so I am a bit worried
about him.:?
lol, I'm fine. Very very tired though and also theres this dull ache in the left side of my chest. I can't be sure if its a result of the alternans bite though.

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
Come on really!Draiman asked for it.This is a simple case of natural selection,survival of the smartest.:evil:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
y'all do realize the only reason we know so much about tarantula bites... is cuz a lot of ppl got bit by them, right? there was even a scientist type that got bit by something like 50+ species to do direct comparisons

even what work i did shed some light on what species can light you up and what species are not that big of a deal

@Draiman could you include times with your updates? it helps give me a better picture of what is going on

@all i have an idea about immediately heat treating bites... and possibly experimentally confirming it... but i can't get too messed up and lose the use of my limbs even for just a day or two right now so i can't do anything

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
@Draiman could you include times with your updates? it helps give me a better picture of what is going on
Unfortunately I didn't really keep track of time when I did the bite report. If I remember correctly the updates I posted were posted about 10-15 minutes apart, beginning at 12.15am and ending at 1.30am (local time), after which I decided to try to get some shut-eye (and failed, until about 4am).

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Drai, you got bit on purpose, just to see the effects? That's admirable, though i do hope that you had someone on standby to check in on you just in case. If the bite wound is angry at all, do share some pictures. :)

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As some know you know Draiman has induced many bites. A few I have payed particular attention too. It is helpfull info and invaluable to the hobby.

I say keep up the good work Bro and Make sure you do it in the safest manner possible.:clap::worship:

I have a request though. Maybe someday you could induce a bite and video document them?:eek: Maybe an Angulata angulata?

Draiman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As some know you know Draiman has induced many bites. A few I have payed particular attention too. It is helpfull info and invaluable to the hobby.

I say keep up the good work Bro and Make sure you do it in the safest manner possible.:clap::worship:
Cheers Cody :)

I have a request though. Maybe someday you could induce a bite and video document them?:eek: Maybe an Angulata angulata?
lol, that's one for the future :}