Concerned about cyriopagopus sp. sling behavior

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon
Over the last few days my "blue", of about 1" size, has created a shallow burrow against a piece of bark I have leaning in its container. Today, I went to my town's bait store for the first time in order to procure it some crickets. They were all out of them so I bought the smallest worms they offered-- red worms, Eisenia foetida.

I put a small one outside of one of the entrances to the burrow this morning and checked on its status with the blue every few hours until about 20 minutes ago. I found the blue on top of its piece of bark and when I moved the container a little it started hopping and flailing its legs around.

Now, it seems to have calmed down somewhat but is still moving its legs up and down erratically when I shift the container.

Why is it doing this and should I be concerned? On Wikipedia, it says that the red worm exudes a pungent liquid. This is presumably a chemical defence mechanism, although there appear to be no direct studies that have confirmed it confers protection against predators. Could the blue have been poisoned (or annoyed) by the worm?

Also, before the appearance outside of its burrow today, it was inside for about 24 hours. It molted exactly 10 days ago so could a new molt possibly explain it? (I cannot confirm if it is larger... it's difficult to tell.)

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I don't know too much about this species, or those worms... All I would say, is if it acts funny b/c of the worm, then don't feed it those worms. Crickets are always good :D

Shadow Tongue

Arachnopeon
No, I will not be feeding my Ts anything out of the ordinary in the future.

Over ten hours later and it still goes on the fritz whenever it senses the least vibration. I tried finding more about it and all I learned is that its erratic behavior may be a result of ingested pesticides affecting its nervous system... and that its behavior is probably indicative of impending death. :(