Complete list of north american centipedes?

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I am looking for a complete list of North American centipedes including rare species and morphs. Either a book or a web site. Is there a general lack of public interest in centipedes? Besides a comprehensive list of Texas centipedes I have come up empty handed in my searches.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Thank you! That is exactly what I have been looking for.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
One of the pedes that I found last weekend was a Pokabius sp. Unfortunately it died before I could get it out of the collection container to home it and ID it. There are hardly any images of the Pokabius sp. found in AZ. It would be cool to photograph them and be the first to post pics.

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
Chilobase can be inaccurate. I checked Australia, and it missed out on Ethmostigmus rubripes, Scolopendra morsitans, and several Cormocephalus species that are common here. I also took a look at NZ, and it didn't even list Cormocephalus rubriceps, the biggest pede found there. As a side note, I also think it may have gotten S.polymorpha and S.subspinipes mixed up, as when I searched Hawaii, subspinipes wasn't listed but polymorpha was.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
I noticed that Chilobase listed S. heros in California. As far as I have read they have never been found west of the Colorado river.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Come to AZ and we can go collecting together. I only have one place where I have turned up an S. heros but it was the red bodied morph.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Ok cool yes it is. Why visiting? Vacation in Germany?
I visited a few of my exchange student friends after high school. My friend had her family reunion outside of Kiel, and she invited me to go. It was at a kind of bed and breakfast on an old peat farm/mine out of town. We went to Kiel to see the city and go to an open air museum that had traditional homes and windmills. We also went to the beach, of course it was too cold to swim but that is where I saw my first jelly fish in the wild.

kermitdsk

Arachnosquire
Cool, yes I know that museum. In the summer in the Baltic Sea we have a lot of jelly fish but here is only one species poison and that is rare.

DubiaW

Arachnobaron
Cool, yes I know that museum. In the summer in the Baltic Sea we have a lot of jelly fish but here is only one species poison and that is rare.
It is disappointing to have a lack of venomous species around. That is one of the first negative points that I think of when I think of immigrating to Europe. Great education system though, and the invert trade is very popular.