Community Scorpions

Gataloco1

Arachnopeon
I am looking for species of scorpion you can keep in a colony. I know that there are a few species but not 100% for sure.

Thanks, Fred

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A lot of species are communal. Would be easier to ask if it would be safe to keep this scorpion species together or not. I'm way too lazy to type all the communal scorpions.

Mike

Metallicaman999

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well there are obviously the p. imp and the h. spin and maybe the desert hairys and maybe lots and lots more but thats for you to research:)

SalS

Arachnopeon
Most of the Centruoides can be kept together. I've kept C. gracilis, C. vittatus, C. hentzi, C. margaritatus together with no problem. I've also heard that most of the Vaejovis can be kept together, but I've only kept V. carolinianus together. Most of these will breed together too and the babies will be eaten if not separated after the first instar.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Most of the Centruoides can be kept together. I've kept C. gracilis, C. vittatus, C. hentzi, C. margaritatus together with no problem. I've also heard that most of the Vaejovis can be kept together, but I've only kept V. carolinianus together. Most of these will breed together too and the babies will be eaten if not separated after the first instar.
You forget to add that this is only as adults. All of those species will munch on eachother as juvies and sub-adults faster than you can say Centruroides.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You forget to add that this is only as adults. All of those species will munch on eachother as juvies and sub-adults faster than you can say Centruroides.
right now i have 9 in the same container for a few months , and they range from adult to juvies and no cannibalism at all . of course they are well fed too. they are C. vittatus

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C. vittatus seem to like each others company. I've seen them piled on top of each other even with plenty of room to spread out.