Communal t set up

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Any advice pros cons to having a communal set up thinking of using holothele incei slings for this thanks

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Any advice pros cons to having a communal set up thinking of using holothele incei slings for this thanks
be careful. to be honest the ONLY set ups that seem to be 100% successful with T's being communal is M. Balfouri and thats because they seem to follow that habit both in the wild and in captivity.

i guess just lots of space, lots of hides, keep plenty of food readily available and hope for the best.

Bread

Arachnopeon
They will probably be okay till they get bigger as long as they are well fed.
Balfouri's can stay together permanently and will all huddle in the same hide by choice.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I had an N. incei communal of sac mate slings.

I now have one fat mature female.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
Thanks for your comments and yea have seen mixed reviews on doing this some say give lots of space others say not too much space because they will become territorial but have mixed feelings about doing it going take while to decide do think be cool to see don't really want a tarantula war lol balflouris I'll have to look up not a t I'm familiar with

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
eulersk. Read about that a few times now but is it always a female left don't mind taking the risk for the experience but be a bummer to be left with a male lol

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
eulersk. Read about that a few times now but is it always a female left don't mind taking the risk for the experience but be a bummer to be left with a male lol
tag him like this: @EulersK ;)
no, its all chance. doesnt work out too often. Monocentropus balfouri are a advanced OW species. and quite expensive. best left to more experienced hobbyists.

Brad1993

Arachnopeon
@Venom1080 lol thanks and yea sounds about right and yea not ready for an ow species just yet thanks for ya advice

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This topic comes up more frequently than mold in @EulersK T homes :astonished::rofl:

N. incei will work. I strongly suggest you look up the many years of threads discussing communal setups-- in short, they end up with 1 big spider generally.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
M. Balfouri and thats because they seem to follow that habit both in the wild ..
@Tanner Dzula Can you provide the publication which describes M. balfouri being observed communally in the WILD (never heard of one yet)? If not, where have you read this information etc?? o_O

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
I always imagine communal setups to be more of a pain to deal with. If you have to do any major maintenance on the enclosure, having to deal with more than one spider at a time just seems like a bad idea.... lol