Communal sling feeding

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
H incei easy to raise communal? :coffee:

Does anyone get a lot of losses doing this?

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yah I have about 15 mature females atm. But it's baby season and I've seen 7 or 8 groups of slings so probly over 100 tarantulas in total. Cannibalism is uncommon but happens. I get a new generation each year and this is the fourth and biggest. Tank is 50 gal or so but I used layers of cork and wood too create enough surface area for me all.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Yeah I cold imagine a 55-100gal long tank would be amazing for this. Unless they live aboreally a lot.
Yah I have about 15 mature females atm. But it's baby season and I've seen 7 or 8 groups of slings so probly over 100 tarantulas in total. Cannibalism is uncommon but happens. I get a new generation each year and this is the fourth and biggest. Tank is 50 gal or so but I used layers of cork and wood too create enough surface area for me all.

LucasNorth

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they hate being outside of their tunnels in the ground. But they are very opportunists and will make a nest just about anywhere they can secure it. I probably have 2-7 inches of soil in various locations and they all seem to hit the bottom. At this point the entire surface of the cage is covered in webs aside from 1 or 2 spots which seem to be garbage dumps