Communal scorp list help

NevularScorpion

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hello guys, I would like to start a list of communal scorpion sp. to help people on this board. If you guys know any scorp sp. that can be kept communal please just add it on this thread. thank you

Androctunus bicolor
Pandinus emperator
Parabhutus transviculus

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
C.vittatus and C.gracilis. Those are the only ones I know (thanks for helping me with that everyone).

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Androctonus bicolor and Parabuthus transvallicus aren't considered to be communal.

Gnat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Vaejovis carolinianus

ive kept Vaejovis carolinianus communally without problems, as many as 10 in a 6 qt. shoebox

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how bout you do a search? this topic came up LAST WEEK. and the week before.

or you could search caresheets and see if the species is communal, because last i've checked, NO ONE has ever considered Androctunus bicolor or
Parabuthus transvaalicus communal

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

or you could search caresheets and see if the species is communal, because last i've checked, NO ONE has ever considered Androctunus bicolor or
i never kept any parabuthus together however, some ppl including me do keep some of my andros together. such as australis or bicolor. but yes they are well known as not communal ones. :embarrassed:

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i never kept any parabuthus together however, some ppl including me do keep some of my andros together. such as australis or bicolor. but yes they are well known as not communal ones. :embarrassed:
the only confirmed communal andro, that is available in the hobby, is mauritanicus

neubii18

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i think all centruriodes sp. are communal,hottentotta hottentotta,v.spinigerus,and leirus quinqestiatus.

ralliart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer

How about you do a post based on your own experience and not based on what you read? :embarrassed:

Have you kept a P.Trans before? :}

Rd_07 has already said(IME-IN MY EXPERIENCE). I have kept a COMMUNAL GROUP of P.Trans as well. 2 Males & 3 Females in a 30gallon tank. I believe brianS of venomlist.com has kept A. Australis Communally as well. I have a Communal group of 6 Leiurus Quinquestriatus as well before.

Not because caresheets' says it's not communal means it can't be kept communally. It's probably just that no one has yet tried experimenting if they can be kept communally.

In my OWN experience, Most adult scorps can be kept communally if well fed & with sufficient hides.

From MY EXPERIENCE, Here are some scorps which I have kept successfully kept communally.

Parabuthus Transvaalicus
Leiurus Quinquestriatus
ALL centruroides sp. (gracilis, margaritatus, excilicauda, etc)
Heterometrus Spinifer
Heterometrus Laoticus
Heterometrus Longimanus (Yes some caresheets say they are NOT){D
Pandinus Imperator
Pandinus Cavimanus
Liocheles Australisae
Liocheles Waigiensis
Isometrus Maculatus
Hottentotta Hottentotta

TEAM PACQUIAO :worship:

Vixvy

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
IMO all same species are communal when adult. But if they are in their early stages they are not.

Envyizm

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Didn't mean for my slight correction to indirectly high jack the thread here. As stated by several others most, if not all adult same species specimens can be kept in a group setup providing enough space,hides,prey items. I've personally had success with or have known others who have has success with these species. Most of these are at a pretty low risk of cannibalism between adults.
Tityus sp. (asthenes,stigmurus,silvestris,bastosi)
Centruroides sp. (vittatus, sculpturatus,exilicaudia, gracilis,hentzi,guanensis)
Hottentotta sp. (caboverdensis,hottentotta,judaicus)
Androctonus mauretanicus
Orthochirus sp. (negebensis,innesi)
Babycurus sp. (gigas,jacksoni)
Rhopalurus junceus
Leiurus quinquestriatus
Pandinus imperator
Heterometrus laoticus,spinifer,petersii
I know there are many more that can be grouped into whats considered to be communal. Time for others to fill in the blanks. No more bickering:}, Its time to drop some knowledge for Nevular. Thank you rd, ralliart and koh for sharing your experiences in regards to the Androctonus and Parabuthus sp communals. If any of you would like to elaborate more on the subject shoot me a pm. I'm very interested in learning more about those genus in regards to keeping them in groups.

ralliart

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Didn't mean for my slight correction to indirectly high jack the thread here. As stated by several others most, if not all adult same species specimens can be kept in a group setup providing enough space,hides,prey items. I've personally had success with or have known others who have has success with these species. Most of these are at a pretty low risk of cannibalism between adults.
Tityus sp. (asthenes,stigmurus,silvestris,bastosi)
Centruroides sp. (vittatus, sculpturatus,exilicaudia, gracilis,hentzi,guanensis)
Hottentotta sp. (caboverdensis,hottentotta,judaicus)
Androctonus mauretanicus
Orthochirus sp. (negebensis,innesi)
Babycurus sp. (gigas,jacksoni)
Rhopalurus junceus
Leiurus quinquestriatus
Pandinus imperator
Heterometrus laoticus,spinifer,petersii
I know there are many more that can be grouped into whats considered to be communal. Time for others to fill in the blanks. No more bickering:}, Its time to drop some knowledge for Nevular. Thank you rd, ralliart and koh for sharing your experiences in regards to the Androctonus and Parabuthus sp communals. If any of you would like to elaborate more on the subject shoot me a pm. I'm very interested in learning more about those genus in regards to keeping them in groups.
I plead guilty. :wall: I just didn't like the way one of the poster responded to RD's post after RD already said it was based from his own experience. My reaction was a bit too much though.:?

I've had some particular specimen who prefers to be alone. I've had a MONSTER Emperor scorp who was convinced that his scientific name is not Pandinus Imperator but rather Tyrannosaurus rex. He was always in attack mode and would readily attack even the glass of his enclosure when annoyed.

My point is, sometimes it boils down to the personality(in this case...animality) of the particular scorp. Some are temperamental and some are rather nice.:D

I have learned most of my knowledge from some cool guys in the hobby..

Locally - Vixvy & Alakdan(retired I guess)
Internationally - Thiscordia, brianS, Vincent, Cacoseraph, Lokal, etc

Keeping scorpions communal ALWAYS has it's risk, if you are not willing to risk it... keep them individually.

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I plead guilty. :wall: I just didn't like the way one of the poster responded to RD's post after RD already said it was based from his own experience. My reaction was a bit too much though.:?

I've had some particular specimen who prefers to be alone. I've had a MONSTER Emperor scorp who was convinced that his scientific name is not Pandinus Imperator but rather Tyrannosaurus rex. He was always in attack mode and would readily attack even the glass of his enclosure when annoyed.

My point is, sometimes it boils down to the personality(in this case...animality) of the particular scorp. Some are temperamental and some are rather nice.:D

I have learned most of my knowledge from some cool guys in the hobby..

Locally - Vixvy & Alakdan(retired I guess)
Internationally - Thiscordia, brianS, Vincent, Cacoseraph, Lokal, etc

Keeping scorpions communal ALWAYS has it's risk, if you are not willing to risk it... keep them individually.

yup it really is a risk but worth learning that can be shared to others:)

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just because you have had them communally and not suffered losses does not mean they are all a "communal" species. go take a look at the tarantula boards.

Trexer

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Quick question. Can you keep Emps with any other species communally from your experience? Like other Pandinus species or Heterometrus species?

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Quick question. Can you keep Emps with any other species communally from your experience? Like other Pandinus species or Heterometrus species?
Most likely, no, as from what i've read from other people's experiences, P. Cavimanius are notoriously aggressive to other cagemates. I havent personally had it happen, but i've heard stories. Heck, some pet stores sell them with emperors, all labeled as emperors! So... they can put up with emperors or each other for a while, but its not suggested.