Communal Hysterocrates gigas?

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Saw two Hysterocrates gigas going for $20 at my local exotic dealer. I heard they are a very communal T. If this is true I would love to pick them up and start a big tank. How would you go about it?

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Great since they are boths slings!

---------- Post added 01-29-2014 at 02:06 AM ----------

Seems there was never a definitive answer on the communal question in that thread and it is a few years old now. Does anyone know for sure whether adult H. Gigas can be kept together? Looks like a very cool T with some very cool habits but I don't want to drop 40$ for a cannibal T feeding frenzy haha

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
They are not communal, they tolerate each other for a few months, and then if not kept well-fed, will eat each other, and you'll have one big one. If you want to keep more than one spider in a cage, there are better species. These are not like Poecs.

Jterry

Arachnosquire
Are you talking about the H. gigas at Tropical Hut?? Man, I almost walked out of there with those the other day haha

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Sure am lol Are you the guy I was talking to about them who said he was going to grab them after his Hawaii trip?

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
lol Well all the same seems the 3 of us were in the same boat. All of us were debating walking out of there with those spiders. lol Thank the Gods for the T-Hut.

Jterry

Arachnosquire
Seriously, LOVE that place! Jodi is super friendly and knowledgeable and it's so nice to have someone to talk T's with, since I don't have any friends who are in the hobby

Edit: has anyone picked those gigas up yet? Cause if not... lol

Last edited:

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
idk I need to go in there soon so I'll let you know if they are. Tell you what you buy one and I buy one and we might get to breed them later :D

Jterry

Arachnosquire
idk I need to go in there soon so I'll let you know if they are. Tell you what you buy one and I buy one and we might get to breed them later :D
DEAL! I was looking for an excuse haha