communal centipedes?

freewaffles

Arachnopeon
I was doing some reading and found out that stone centipedes can be communal. So i picked some up(4 of them) and put them in a critter keeper. They have a bark hide and a mix of soils (dirt, leaf litter, dead wood and a little composted dirt). They have been eating wax worms and have been doing great. Each of them are about 1-2 inches long. If any of you guys are keeping these guys communal let me know what you are doing for your centipedes and if i am doing anything wrong. Thanks!

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Pics pls! I have kept stone centipedes together. Just make sure they have enough to eat, otherwise they will eat each other. They are a little picky, I had a hard time getting mine to eat crickets, so I would suggest introducing some springtails from outside into their kritter keeper.
They make great pets, and should eventually breed and give you a whole new generation of centipedes!

paumotu

Arachnobaron
I heard stone centipedes like to eat dry dog food, maybe give that a try.

freewaffles

Arachnopeon
That is their enclosure they have been eating well and are doing great! Non have cannibalized and are living together fine. Thanks for all the help

freewaffles

Arachnopeon
I also keep another type of centipede the red bark centipede. I have two and both are eating well. Each about 3 inches

paumotu

Arachnobaron
Nice, be sure to keep them moist, they’re prone to drying out.

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Lithobius, I kept about 7 in a container eith damp substrate, leaf litter, hides, and isopods. Once a week or so I tossed in some prekilled red runners. I must’ve been doing something right since a couple months in I found a bunch of babies

freewaffles

Arachnopeon
me and a friend have been working on a big communal centipede project. We are using a 10 gallon enclosure with 26 small centipedes.