Common but still cool

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Regardless of the species and how many times I've seen it, seeing fresh hatchlings or neonates of any species are still my favorite part:

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That is awesome, having one hatch in your hand. I agree who cares if its a common species its an irremediable thing.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
can you give me some tips on incubation? i have what i believe is a gravid female cause i bought proven breeders in 09" but last year never put the nesting box in and oops they laid eggs in the eco earth which spoiled and never got to do anything with now that i have a possibly gravid female i'd love some tips

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
can you give me some tips on incubation? i have what i believe is a gravid female cause i bought proven breeders in 09" but last year never put the nesting box in and oops they laid eggs in the eco earth which spoiled and never got to do anything with now that i have a possibly gravid female i'd love some tips
The easiest way to hatch them is get a small deli cup and put about 1.5" of vermiculite or perlite or a combination of both. Get it just damp enough that when you squeeze it no water comes out and it clumps lightly when you squeeze it. Then just put the lid on and keep it warm. (79 degrees or more). Temp determines sex on these so if you care what you get you can get a little hovabator to keep the temperature from fluctuating much.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
The easiest way to hatch them is get a small deli cup and put about 1.5" of vermiculite or perlite or a combination of both. Get it just damp enough that when you squeeze it no water comes out and it clumps lightly when you squeeze it. Then just put the lid on and keep it warm. (79 degrees or more). Temp determines sex on these so if you care what you get you can get a little hovabator to keep the temperature from fluctuating much.
thanks i appreciate it i'll let you know how my venture goes with them

Lolita

Arachnoknight
well my leopard gecko laid an egg so yay we'll see what comes of it what's the incubation period on them?

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well my leopard gecko laid an egg so yay we'll see what comes of it what's the incubation period on them?
30 to 105 days. If it is around 79-82 it will take a bit longer (I think I'm right around 60 days or so at 81 degrees. At this temp they'll all be girls. They can hatch faster at higher temps. Up to 90 degrees you'll get males. The higher temps typically result in shorter incubation times. I've never had one go only 30 days or longer than 80 so the extremes listed above are based on others experience. Mine are typically ~2 months.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
alright cool my homemade incubator fluctuates between 83-85 i'm hoping to get a female out of it it looks like i've only got one egg so far but i'll be happy if it hatches

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
alright cool my homemade incubator fluctuates between 83-85 i'm hoping to get a female out of it it looks like i've only got one egg so far but i'll be happy if it hatches
At that range it could be either. They can be sexed out of the egg by candling though so you should be able to check as soon as it hatches. Good luck.

pavel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Cute lil buggers! Always amazes me how large they look compared to the egg they hatched out of.

Lolita

Arachnoknight
At that range it could be either. They can be sexed out of the egg by candling though so you should be able to check as soon as it hatches. Good luck.
gender doesn't really matter to me at this point as long as it hatches out i'll be happy since it's my first egg

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, they hatched pretty big, Am use to from 0.25" to maybe one inch
and with 8 legs {D