Coming soon...

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Lookin' sharp.
Take it easy with that mister.
Maybe more ventilation.
Thanks. There is quite a bit of ventilation. I’ve drilled three rows of holes one just above the substrate and the other two near the top. The holes go around half of the enclosure.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I put more holes in mine than that. This doesn't mean their air will go bad. They have nice height, but how large are the Ts coming in?? The only thing I don't like about these, and could be the picture, they don't seem too wide. So this means you may not get too much life out of them, ie many molts. It's not always easy to find the right size container which allows for quite a bit of growth.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
I put more holes in mine than that. This doesn't mean their air will go bad. They have nice height, but how large are the Ts coming in?? The only thing I don't like about these, and could be the picture, they don't seem too wide. So this means you may not get too much life out of them, ie many molts. It's not always easy to find the right size container which allows for quite a bit of growth.
Thanks for this, The c. Laeta should be 1-2cm. I’ve asked for a 2cm sling if available, Not sure on the size of the a. Avic. I suspect around 1cm.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Total height is 15cm. Height from substrate to lid is around 10cm. I’m hoping with the plastic plant and cork bark, they will web in the middle.
That should be OK.

@waynerowley I'll tell you one more thing I find useful for Avics. I use a cork slices, and put them at a 45 against container wall, for their entire life. I make sure the cork is wide enough so they can stretch their legs after molting for hardening up.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
That should be OK.
Thanks. Experimenting with these enclosures to a degree. Total volume is about the same as a 16oz deli cup. They are top opening, which I know is not always ideal for avics. Still I found with my c. Versicolor that putting some dark background behind the cork bark encouraged it to make its home there rather than right at the top. I’ll try the same with these.

@waynerowley I'll tell you one more thing I find useful for Avics. I use a cork slices, and put them at a 45 against container wall, for their entire life. I make sure the cork is wide enough so they can stretch their legs after molting for hardening up.
Thanks, that’s a great tip. My c. Versicolor recently molted and did it vertically!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanks. Experimenting with these enclosures to a degree. Total volume is about the same as a 16oz deli cup. They are top opening, which I know is not always ideal for avics. Still I found with my c. Versicolor that putting some dark background behind the cork bark encouraged it to make it’s home there rather than right bat at the top. I’ll try the same with these.
I use top opening and inverted AMAC boxes too. Each has pros and cons, one is no better than the other.

For once they hit about 1-1.5" I put them in 32 oz tall deli cups. These are the best containers IMO, cheap, CLEAR (by me at least- SOLO brand), easy to clean.

Sure, they will be attracted to dark sections, almost all Ts are.

Only thing I don't like about top opening- hard to spot clean substrate. Front opening or bottom opening is much easier for that.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
What you have posted is totally unacceptable!.
You have prepared and thought this out,even to the labels!!!
You are telling us that you are all ready!!!.No,No,No.You need to be receiving the animals,not ready in the least,and run around trying to find appropriate enclosures.Yelling,screaming,and shouting "wheres my soldering iron,glue gun!!.

This is not how its done!.:troll::troll::troll::bag:.

Frogdaddy

Arachnoprince
Wayne I see you've picked up on the elevated water dish. Nice. I've not seen my C. versicolor sling use it yet, but I have seen my MM Avic drinking from one.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You are telling us that you are all ready!!!.No,No,No.You need to be receiving the animals,not ready in the least,and run around trying to find appropriate enclosures.Yelling,screaming,and shouting "wheres my soldering iron,glue gun!!.

SO true sadly. The only part left out is the "What do you guys think of X" accompanied by the often childish, and defensive attitude when feedback is provided, and with the cherry on top "I'm going to leave the forum and go to..." GOOD RIDDANCE to people like that!

Gembean841

Arachnopeon

That was me other day, my spoods turned up before my tubs so I was crashing around in my cupboards looking for random pots and my soldering iron etc 🤣 it's fun to improvise a bit.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice indeed. Given that you've placed foliage around the middle point, hopefully that'll persuade your Ts to make their webbing around that and not on the top, causing you to rip their web apart each time you open the enclosures. However, I'd venture a guess they won't remain in those for very long. Gives me a good visual plan if I ever decide to venture into arboreals. Thanks for that :)

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Update 14/05:

The C. Laeta sling arrived this morning and has been rehoused.

The rehousing went to plan... mostly...

It was an impatient spider. I wanted to get it out of the container inside the tissue. Instead it ambled out on its own:

IMG_2667.jpeg

I tried to get it to walk into it's container, and instead it turned around and ran onto my hand. Then after a bit of persuading to leave my hand it jumped onto the fake plant:

IMG_2669.jpeg

IMG_2670.jpeg

It's now ambled down behind the cork bark.

I'll leave it a few days before trying to feed - I'll see if it makes a web. I want to get some micro crickets at the weekend.

Hopefully getting the A. Avic next week.

Wayne