• 1 x Tlitocatl albopilosus
  • 1 x Ybyrapora diversipes

Enclosures are ready:

IMG_2787.jpeg

IMG_2788.jpeg

Wayne

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Always happy to see other people getting Y diversipes. Make sure it has plenty of cross ventilation and keep it dry with a water dish or dribble a tiny bit of water on the web though. Enclosure looks like it might be a pain to open. It could work, but make sure it has that ventilation

sasker

Arachnoprince
It could be an optical illusion, but I don't think I see any ventilation in any of the enclosures.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
It could be an optical illusion, but I don't think I see any ventilation in any of the enclosures.
It is there. If you look at the square ones, there are holes that I have drilled across the back wall (not front) which you can see above the substrate. There are also two blocks of holes on each end as well (can't see in picture).

On the arboreal enclosure, I have 3 blocks of holes - one on each side and one on the back. I've kept the fronts free of holes for viewing.

Wayne

sasker

Arachnoprince
I see now. Just saying because the Y. diversipes requires proper ventilation. Better too much than too little :)

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Always happy to see other people getting Y diversipes. Make sure it has plenty of cross ventilation and keep it dry with a water dish or dribble a tiny bit of water on the web though. Enclosure looks like it might be a pain to open. It could work, but make sure it has that ventilation
Ventilation is at the back and sides. I've made a number of holes with a safety pin but you can't see them in the picture. Water dish is present. Substrate is mostly dry - I did add a bit of moisture so its not bone-dry, but I'm not expecting the slings until next Wednesday.

They are inverted deli-cups so you just lift off the cup from the base. If the Y. diversipes is like my c. laeta and a. Avicularia slings, it will web right at the top and stay there.

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Well, they have arrived today safe and sound.

Firstly the Pamphobeteus sp. "Machalla". What a gorgeous little sling! Slightly bigger than I was expecting. Very bold colours and very fuzzy. Went straight for its cork bark hide:

IMG_2803.jpeg

Next the Y. Diversipes. Lovely little sling. It's done exactly what my C. Laeta and A. Avicularia slings did - go straight up and start walking around and around the top of the enclosure. I'm sure in a day or so it will find a spot it likes and web up:

IMG_2808.jpeg

Finally, the T albopilosus sling was much smaller than I expected - around 8mm in length. So much so that I had to find a much smaller pot for it. I made a hole in the side of the substrate and it went straight down. Not a great photo, but you can just about make out it out:

IMG_2810.jpeg

I'll see how they settle in - might try feeding them tomorrow.

Wayne