Coming back to the forum after too long away!

Jaboyd2u

Arachnopeon
I have been busy trying to start a couple businesses of late. I had most my eggs invested in Bees. I had spent the last 6 years buying and building my Bee keeping business up. LONG story short we have had too many set backs with them the last 3 years in a row. The final straw being this year in the loosing of every single hive we had to crop dusters getting too close to us. Killed every single hive we had. I have decided to stick with leather craft as I am more familiar with that and the possibility of loosing everything with that is slightly slimmer. I do hope to get back into the T world. I have still many T's that I have raised from Slings and will hopefully be breeding them sometime soon. I haven't totally given up on the bees however they will be a hobby from now on that won't take up all my money and time. I hope to be around a lot more and want to learn as much as possible here with you guys. I have definitely missed all the posts !

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Welcome back!
Shame about your bee keeping business, I do love honey. Local family lost their hives to predation, don't recall wasps/ hornets (?), and sold the honey/wax. I used their wax for candlemaking and honey in various baked goods. Bees are a necessity for pollination and locally I see fewer each year.
Nice to see another leather crafter in the hobby. I do mostly custom IWB/OWB holsters for CCW, ammo pouches, custom belts and MC bags.
Best of luck w/h the T breeding!

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Welcome Back!

I can understand you being interested in the Bee hobby - fascinating creatures and lots of honey! My folks had bee hives for quite a few years as well. They dealt with problems that killed off quite a few of theirs as well (don't think they figured out what killed them). But they gave away the remaining couple hives a few years ago to a neighbor. At least with tarantula's we can protect them indoors from most of the crazy world.

skyvie

Arachnopeon
Yeah, I took quite a break from here myself - glad to have another "old timer" back and active! That sucks about the bees - my wife and I have a few hives ourselves. When you said crop dusters killing bees, I thought you were in North Carolina 'cause they had horrible problems there recently, but I see you're in Florida.
Welcome back!

Nokturnal1980

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sorry about the bees. I have felt with several whom have had issues as well the last few years. Welcome back though.