Colour variants of Pterinochilus murinus by locality

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
Very informative thread and based on these pictures I think my adult female is umv light orange form .
This and rcf or sellers just listing them as obt seem to be the most common in the UK .
I do have a pair of juvenile kigoma dcf as well as a sling labelled as obt but I guess I will just have to wait and see what that turns out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
I have a Mikumi-DCF sling as well as a mature female, I think UMV but maybe someone knows better, she is bright orange! They both have awesome personalities and look really cool. Definitely in my top 5 species right now. Love these crazy little living gems.

Attachments

ant ramblings

Arachnopeon
I have a Mikumi-DCF sling as well as a mature female, I think UMV but maybe someone knows better, she is bright orange! They both have awesome personalities and look really cool. Definitely in my top 5 species right now. Love these crazy little living gems.
They both look really cool but it's probably too soon to say if the orange one is umv or rcf . Not that I have an expertise.

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
They all kinda look the same when immature, so I wouldn't be trying to distinguish between them just yet.

I have OCF and UMV and they look exactly the same as slings.

I also have DCF Kigoma and it looks just like Harpactira pulchripes.

Tbone192

Arachnoknight
They both look really cool but it's probably too soon to say if the orange one is umv or rcf . Not that I have an expertise.
I agree. After some research it seems that UMV includes both RCF and OCF. OCF have dark/black detailing while RCF have redder detailing, spots and stripes. I'm starting to think that my mature female is RCF based off that info. Is it that simple? I could absolutely be wrong.
The sling/juvie is absolutely Mikumi-DCF, or at least that's what the breeder had it labelled as.