Colossobolus Giganteus Question

rosscleland

Arachnopeon
Hello. I now have a juvenile Colossobolus Giganteus/ Giant Madagascan millipede. I'm certain I read that they can reach 28cm with good care. Does anyone have any experience of reaching this size? Thanks :)

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
Hello. I now have a juvenile Colossobolus Giganteus/ Giant Madagascan millipede. I'm certain I read that they can reach 28cm with good care. Does anyone have any experience of reaching this size? Thanks :)
I had not heard of this species before, but they are amazing! I am now curious as to their care as well.

Marika

Arachnoangel
Based on what I've read, the species sold as C. giganteus is actually Sechelleptus argus. I have two juveniles, a male and a female, I bought them about a year ago. They have grown a lot, but are still small - I recently measured the female and she's around 11 cm, the male is maybe a bit bigger. I keep them at room temp and use the basic millipede substrate, they also like supplemental foods.

I had adult males of this species a few years ago, I can't remember if I measured them, but they were pretty big.

rosscleland

Arachnopeon
Based on what I've read, the species sold as C. giganteus is actually Sechelleptus argus. I have two juveniles, a male and a female, I bought them about a year ago. They have grown a lot, but are still small - I recently measured the female and she's around 11 cm, the male is maybe a bit bigger. I keep them at room temp and use the basic millipede substrate, they also like supplemental foods.

I had adult males of this species a few years ago, I can't remember if I measured them, but they were pretty big.
Oh ok cool I'll need to look into this thanks :)

Marika

Arachnoangel
I read that there are two different species that are sold as C. giganteus: Sechelleptus argus and Sechelleptus lambertoni.

Sechelleptus argus: 25cm, blackish body, light brown or reddish legs and antennae.

Sechelleptus lambertoni: 20-25cm, light to chocolate brown body, light orange head, legs and antennae.