Colorful Ts

grayhound

Arachnosquire
thanks

Love love love audax!
Thanks. I really love it too....... almost as much as my T's. I am going to expand my jumping spider collection soon. There are so many, and they are soooooooo pretty! and one of the coolest spiders to watch hunt! I keep my audaux in an enclosure that's probably way too big, but it gives it a lot of room to do jumping attacks! I have see it jump from a top corner branch down to the oppisite corner ground to pounce on a cricket!

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I like jumping spiders just as much as my T's & they have so much personality. I have a book that says they are one of the most intelligent of all arachnids and actually have very complex eyesight and can distinguish objects and colors at far distances.
And I dont think your tank is too big, because audax's love to explore and hop around(much more than T's), so its probably better to have extra space and decorations to maneuver through.
Nice find, I wish we had em here in vegas or if we do, I wish I would see one.

Blackbeard

Arachnopeon

Jumping spiders are awesome.
I took this one last summer.
The color is hardly remarkable so I'm going very off topic in that regard but so be it. ;)
Most European species are kind of drab but there are some striking patterns out there.

This tiny spider was following a line of mortar between the bricks on my house.
It quickly noticed my macro lens and it started to occasionaly interupt it's stroll to stare me richt in the eye and it appeared more curious than apprehensive.
They deffinitely have character.

I'm thinking about catching one or two this summer.
From what I have read they are some of the most entertaining spiders to watch during feeding.

Last edited:

grayhound

Arachnosquire

Jumping spiders are awesome.
I took this one last summer.
The color is hardly remarkable so I'm going very off topic in that regard but so be it. ;)
Most European species are kind of drab but there are some striking patterns out there.

This tiny spider was following a line of mortar between the bricks on my house.
It quickly noticed my macro lens and it started to occasionaly interupt it's stroll to stare me richt in the eye and it appeared more curious than apprehensive.
They deffinitely have character.

I'm thinking about catching one or two this summer.
From what I have read they are some of the most entertaining spiders to watch during feeding.
They are REALLY fun to watch. They have 360 degree vision, and they can jump a long ways to catch prey! They also leave a "trail" string of web as they jump!

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Female Pamphobeteus sp. "South Ecuador"

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Not technically a tarantula, but close. This is Wolfie, my northern California Lycosidae. He's about 1/4 inch, so it took my roommates' cameras incredible macro setting to capture his colors. I honestly had no idea that he looked like this until I uploaded the picture lol.

View attachment 88996
Not to split hairs, but Lycosidae aren't really close to tarantulas. They are araneomorphae, while tarantulas are mygalomorphae.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
Not to split hairs, but Lycosidae aren't really close to tarantulas. They are araneomorphae, while tarantulas are mygalomorphae.
I think that's the definition of splitting hairs, lol. Anyways, you are right on the taxinomical aspect, but I think most people would generally consider spiders as very similar to taranulas.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:drool::drool: These pics are making me wanna pick up some cobalt blues this weekend.

Spidershane1

Arachnoknight
I like jumping spiders just as much as my T's & they have so much personality. I have a book that says they are one of the most intelligent of all arachnids and actually have very complex eyesight and can distinguish objects and colors at far distances.
And I dont think your tank is too big, because audax's love to explore and hop around(much more than T's), so its probably better to have extra space and decorations to maneuver through.
Nice find, I wish we had em here in vegas or if we do, I wish I would see one.
Well, I just went out back to smoke & found one chillin' on the table. Sweet! {D

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wow! They are all so prety! and the little jumpers are so cute!!! I was hoping I would be able to find a "favorate" T look... but I cant decide!

Dr Acula

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
phormictopus cancerides sling (postmolt as you can some what see his/her molt on the right)

Attachments