Colorado Keepers Warning

Sana

Arachnoprince
Mosquito spraying in response to the recent cases of West Nile Virus starts tomorrow night (8/24) in parts of Larimer and Weld counties. The same areas will be sprayed on Sunday night (8/28). Here's a link for city of Fort Collins area. It's probably worthwhile to check spray dates for your area as well, as spraying is supposed to be happening across the state.

http://www.fcgov.com/westnile/

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
Nah, don't trust that. That's a cover up for a sort of 'The Crazies' Romero movie scenario :troll:
The Crazies and Night of the Living Dead were filmed about 10 minutes from where I live. There's a little Living Dead museum there.

Sana

Arachnoprince
How often have they sprayed in the past?
It's been pretty varied. Last summer my area wasn't sprayed at all. A couple years ago spraying was once a week. I think that the powers that be weigh the number of people screeching about mosquito borne illnesses against the number of people screeching about not spraying pesticides and go with whichever group is louder at the time. The increase in WNV cases in my county this summer has had folks up in arms. I'm honestly surprised that this is the first round of spraying for the year based on the public's reaction. The one piece of good news in all of this is that spraying alerts have been added to our reverse 911 system so at least we know when to close all the windows. We have the option here now to set up reverse 911 on cell phones and email. It's pretty useful. If anyone wants to set that up and needs help, hit me up and I'll give you the information that I have for it.

The hardest part of this honestly isn't keeping the windows closed while the spraying is going on. It's keeping the room full of tarantulas completely quarantined for long enough that the pesticides on clothes, shoes, pets, and hands don't make it anywhere near them. It wouldn't be so bad if my spider room wasn't also my bedroom.