Color variation within the Chilobrachys fimbriatus species

vounti

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone !

When checking the media items on this forum, I saw 2 pictures of C. fimbriatus that don't have the same coloration. One is very black while the other is brownish.

Here are the pictures:

These variations, are they specimen dependant ? Are some C. fimbriatus simply darker than others or do they all darken with time ?

I have a sling that has adult color pattern and is very brown. I'd love to see her getting blacker when growing up

Maybe it's also just that one picture was taken with less light in the room.

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
It's more likely due to variations in the lighting and/ or the different cameras used to take the pictures which makes them look very different.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Probably because mine was a juvenile when that picture was taken and the first one appears to be an adult (or close to adult size).

Also, different camera/lighting/editing/etc.

My pics are taken under a daylight bulb with flash on and then the images are tweaked in Lightzone to get the colours as close as I can to what I see in person.

vounti

Arachnoknight
Thank you very much to both of you for these informations ! Chilobrachys species are really awesome

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Lighting and editing, if you go through arachnid addicted's photos you'll see they are all very dark. It's his style.