Color variation in Monocentropus balfouri

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Color variation is completely normal. No need to delve into it.
The only thing is I haven't heard of many, if any, species that show that level of variation on females in equivalent molted cylces within the same species/morph. Especially coming out of the same sac (as bluejay has shown). The only that comes to mind are the H incei

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Very interesting. I see some of the tan, the orange, and the darker ones. Now I'm wondering what drives the variation
I will try to get some more pics. Those came from two different sacs same parents. I seem to have all color forms except the blue so far. That's why asked if were possibly male. That's what most of my males look like. That blue hue to carapace and abdomen.

The balfouri that I have from the first sac have same mom but was a different male and they to show all the color variants as well, but not blue. I'm so bummed I don't have that blue hue in any of mine lol.

That's a 60gal communal there are 27 balfouri in there. While they do still eat together they rarely all come out at the same time. I will also take some pics of my other communal and some of the singles I have. I just pulled two mature males from that communal so I will post pics of them as well. This has reminded me to post the building of the balfouri communal 60gal lol. Ment to do it awhile back and got busy.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
very nice, hopefully i dont just have an oddity and i get some blue females from this group as well

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Balfouri being on the new side? Pricey? I don't know about the US, but they've been around for a long time here, in Europe, and are definitely not pricey lol Almost everybody has them in their collection nowadays.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
Balfouri being on the new side? Pricey? I don't know about the US, but they've been around for a long time here, in Europe, and are definitely not pricey lol Almost everybody has them in their collection nowadays.
Balfouri go for about 40$ a piece for a 2i spiderling. They are becoming more and more common, but the demand is still very high