Collective Nouns for Tarantulas

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
how about a pain in the bum lol
what the hell does this mean!? and use punctuation for gods sakes! it's a rather wonderful invention that really helps your posts not sound like a meth addict's inner monologue! use the period (.) when ending a statement, use the question mark (?) when ending a question. you don't have my permission to use exclamation points cuz you will undoubtably use them too much.

*looks at his just recently healed arms*
my vote, for a group of NW, would be an itch

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol do not tell me what to do and it was a JOKE just like you are !! as for punctuation I AM NOT A KID and you know what you can do with your punctuation and do not waste my time how lucky your are not to live in the u-k :clap: :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: :worship: or your know all about PUNCH ation then !!! -------

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
Calm down Phil..... No sense in getting flustered on the internet.....

Never heard of the clutter/cluster thing. If it is the legitimate word for spiders then why would it not apply to tarantulas?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Calm down Phil..... No sense in getting flustered on the internet.....

Never heard of the clutter/cluster thing. If it is the legitimate word for spiders then why would it not apply to tarantulas?
hi yes and thanks for that but some PEOPLE !! :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: --- phil

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
how about a pain in the bum lol
Phil, I gave you the decency of a reasonable answer when you posted what I thought was a dumb question (pet digestion of a tarantula). Why don't you give me the same.

If you don't like a thread, why do you post?

And no, I didn't find it funny, or a joke.

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I know for spiders, it is a clutter of spiders. (also accepable is cluster). So a tangle would work since it is in the same vein as clutter.
I'd read about a clutter, but thought since there was special attention being given to a sub-set of spiders, we could come up with a different collective noun for them. A clutter or cluster of tarantulas would work... but it's not particularly metaphorical of anything in my opinion (certainly not like an audit of accountants).

I actually really like tangle when I read/hear it. A dance of Tarantulas is cool too... not only does it say something about their name, but also about the movement of all those legs. Maybe a torrent of Pokies, given their rapid movement?

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Phil, I gave you the decency of a reasonable answer when you posted what I thought was a dumb question (pet digestion of a tarantula). Why don't you give me the same.

If you don't like a thread, why do you post?

And no, I didn't find it funny, or a joke.
no sense of humour ? or as are australian friends say talk about being up your self for god sake lighten up man !! :D {D :razz: {D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
no sense of humour ? or as are australian friends say talk about being up your self for god sake lighten up man !! :D {D :razz: {D :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I didn't find it funny, because it really wasn't funny.

Nevermind. I consider that discussion closed. So we've kinda settled on a 'tangle', was it?

DrAce

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nice! On the hole theme... what about a 'cavern' or a 'tunnel'.

An 'abyss' of Aphonopelma? An Alcove?

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I think hole would be more apropos for Haplopelmas, that and you have the whole alliteration thing going.