Collection

Boomslang77

Arachnopeon
Alright gentlemen how many scorpions do you own? and what's your favorite species?
If you have a pic of your collection please post it.

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I have just started a fresh collection, and only have a juvie unidentified Heterometrus scorpion. I rehoused it yesterday and it literally spent a dozen hours circling and climbing its cage, it must have exhausted itself or acclimated because I haven't seen it for hours now.

As far as favorite species go, certainly Heterometrus would be one because of their crushing claws, large size, and they're feistier than the Emperor. These scorpions have a certain fascinating behavior or "character" even.

However I find Leiurus and Androctonus, and certain Hottentotta and Uroplectes species sexy af.

But a real personal prize would be the Urodacus being introduced to the US hobby. :happy:

20190823_094703.jpg

Last edited:

NMWAPBT

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Currently only have 11 scorpions and only 3 species. I've got 2 pandinus imperators 8 centruroides gracilis and 1 heteroctenus junceus. My favorite that I own currently is my H. Junceus. I'm hoping to get more in the near future. I'd also like to get some hottentotta franzwerneri, uroplectes fischeri, olivaceus and chubbi, babycurus jacksoni and gigas, h. Spadix, centruroides bani, altagracia, vittatus,hentzi, and limbatus, lychas mucronatus, tricarnatus and a few others. I love them all!!

Attachments

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
Currently considering the following species:

More Heterometrus
Diplocentrus
Opistophthalmus
A.gonetti
A.a.hector
Hottentotta
L.jordanensis
Parabuthus
Uroplectes

No worries I have kept hots in the past before, A.australis, A.bicolor, A.crassicauda, B.occitanus, B.jacksoni, H.hottentotta, H.judaicus, L.quinquestriatus, P.transvaalicus, and T.stigmurus.

And am definitely acquiring a S.dehaani too as it kind of falls in with my Asian giants theme.

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
Smeringurus vachoni, paravaejovis puritans, paruroctonus becki, serradigitus torridus, serradigitus gertschi, superstitionia donensis, Hadrurus arizonensis "pallidus", paruroctonus luetolus