Collection Pictures!

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Figured I'd go first. Just got done having fun with my new label maker and had to share. Be nice, I know my collection is tiny but my areas selection sucks lol. 20170302_204620.jpg

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Thanks! I'd love to do live some day but I'm paranoid about bad things riding in with them. :/

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have roughly the same amount so no snickering from me.

(2 are labelled the same because I'm waiting for my P. irminia to moult before rehousing her)
DSC00003.JPG DSC00004.JPG

Willuminati

Arachnosquire
Tarantulas
0.2.0- P. Regalis
0.0.2- P. Ornata
0.0.1- B. Albopilosum
0.0.1- B. Vagans
0.1.1- L. Parahybana
0.0.5- P. Murinus
2.1.0- C. Lividum
0.1.0- A. Hentzi
0.1.0- C. Cyaneopubescens
0.1.0- C. Fimbriatus
0.0.1- H. Villosella
1.0.1- P. Irminia
0.0.1- P. Cambridgei
0.0.2- T. Gigas
0.0.2- C. Darlingi
0.0.1- S. Calceatum
0.0.1- H. Maculata
0.2.0- A. Avicularia
0.0.2- H. Gigas

Scorpions
0.0.2- Heterometrus spinifer

Centipedes
0.0.1- Scolopendra sp. Dehaani

True Spiders
0.1.0- L. Hesperus (Western Black Widow)

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Well.... Time for a thread revival because it's a good time.

Here's some of my collection. Yes, I know I have a lot to fix and do, but the acrylic enclosures are still on the side and unused. I do have plans to customize them, but I'm too lazy. :sleepy:

IMG_1527.JPG

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Well.... Time for a thread revival because it's a good time.

Here's some of my collection. Yes, I know I have a lot to fix and do, but the acrylic enclosures are still on the side and unused. I do have plans to customize them, but I'm too lazy. :sleepy:

View attachment 351337
And it takes me...…..how long to feed/water/check on all this?????.
Im not being a smartass or sarcastic..but this might give new keepers a clue about going overboard in the first T collection.
You are a breeder,and awesome T keeper.This might help new keepers from taking on to much at first.
@Liquifin ,thanks.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
And it takes me...…..how long to feed/water/check on all this?????.
Im not being a smartass or sarcastic..but this might give new keepers a clue about going overboard in the first T collection.
You are a breeder,and awesome T keeper.This might help new keepers from taking on to much at first.
@Liquifin ,thanks.
Great idea! Let me tell all new keepers an idea on how much time it can take to care for them during maintenance if I have to do them all in one day. The answer: 5-7 hours and 4 hours on a short day. :cigar:
Feeding and cleaning roach feeder colonies adds an extra hour or two since I own a few feeder colonies, minus some money for fresh fruits/veggies.
To the new keepers: consistency and time for the tarantulas first and other stuff is for later or last. :banghead: And last thing to the new hobbyists is to keep your collection smaller until you can devote hours for them. ;)

I can make an entire thread, but it'll be too much time, so this is as short as I can get it for the new hobbyists to understand.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Thanks.New keepers,see,slow and steady.This is not a race.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Great idea! Let me tell all new keepers an idea on how much time it can take to care for them during maintenance if I have to do them all in one day. The answer: 5-7 hours and 4 hours on a short day. :cigar:
Feeding and cleaning roach feeder colonies adds an extra hour or two since I own a few feeder colonies, minus some money for fresh fruits/veggies.
To the new keepers: consistency and time for the tarantulas first and other stuff is for later or last. :banghead: And last thing to the new hobbyists is to keep your collection smaller until you can devote hours for them. ;)

I can make an entire thread, but it'll be too much time, so this is as short as I can get it for the new hobbyists to understand.
5 to 7 hours a week is when it gets fun. You actually get to interact with your hobby. I am not there yet with my Tarantulas but I have been there with chameleons at one point. I had an entire room( 16ft. X 12ft ) wall to wall with chameleon enclosures. Over 200 chameleon, Fun times!! Fun times!!!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Might as well update seeing as this thread has been on the receiving end of some necromancy. Can't quite fit them all into one image though.

IMG_20200704_004449037-01.jpeg

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
Guess since I commented I'm mandated to add a photo. Here's mine, just my A. Seemanni and a baby GBB. I hope to maybe get a C. Versicolor during winter but who knows!

Attachments

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I managed to pack all 4 shelves of my collection into this pic. Theres 2 shoeboxes on top that are packed full on sling cups and 2 communal trapdoor sling tubs 20200701_111458.jpg

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Do you tape your lids on for a reason? Seems like a hassle when you're doing any maintenance.
Im moving house and have 6 of the deadliest species on the planet, those are all temporary shipping containers for them and the tape is just a precaution so they dont pop their lids off in transport. I have way more non-tarantulas here but theres at least 12 T's packed in that photo

EightLeggedFreaks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Im moving house and have 6 of the deadliest species on the planet, those are all temporary shipping containers for them and the tape is just a precaution so they dont pop their lids off in transport. I have way more non-tarantulas here but theres at least 12 T's packed in that photo
Makes sense.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
OMG.....look at all those awesome Aussie T,s.
It really breaks aT lovers heart with the restrictions and bans.
At least where im moving theres no restrictions other than lockdown starting again (Victoria has somehow just devolved back into C-19 outbreaks with 100 new cases each day, but not where i am gonna be living). In Western Australia theres been even stricter import regulations for a while. They will literally search your car for prohibited items and any invert keepers there require a license to import T's across the border.
Packing them all up was fun, buts remaking all the enclosures that im really looking forward to