Collecting isopods for enclosures

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
Hey Im new to this section, but I have some jumping spider enclosures that have dirt and plants in since I like to go the more naturalistic route. Anyways, Im wanting to make them a bit more bioactive. Can I collect some isopods from my garden and quarantine them for awhile and add them? Thx!

Eagle555 Jumping spiders

Arachnosquire
Hey Im new to this section, but I have some jumping spider enclosures that have dirt and plants in since I like to go the more naturalistic route. Anyways, Im wanting to make them a bit more bioactive. Can I collect some isopods from my garden and quarantine them for awhile and add them? Thx!
Hey so I do do that for my jumpers and it seems to work really well to keep the enclosures clean!

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
SWEET Im so excited, thanks! Plus who doesnt like isopods theyre adorable

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
If your collecting Armadillidium from the garden they will eat the plants you have in there, so I wouldn’t use any Armadillidium spp in a tank with plants. I learned the hard way.

regalpaws

Arachnoknight
If your collecting Armadillidium from the garden they will eat the plants you have in there, so I wouldn’t use any Armadillidium spp in a tank with plants. I learned the hard way.
Wow! Thanks so much! I always have live plants,one of my other obsessions
lol 🤣
Is there a kind that you would recommend that would do well with the live plants?