Collecting in NM/TX... any help?

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey

I figure i won't get too many responses on this (if at all), but i'm going to try anyways....

I've only been collecting 2 times before (texas and new mexico), and never really came across a ton of Ts (not that i really wanted to), but i'm possibly heading down to the areas around El Paso, TX, Carlsbad, NM and Almogordo, NM again...

I'll be doing a day or 2 of collecting (who knows what i'll find now), but anyone have any good places to check around there? I only want to pick up 3 or 4 T's if i can find them.. I'd be happy with 1 or 2 though.

Any good people to look out for around that area? I'm def. going to give Dr.Breene a call again, but other than him, any ideas? its cool if not.

If I go, i'll be going around June 14-June 19th, with collecting days the 15-16th...

thanks ahead of time.
peace
dave

Last edited:

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Why not go a day or two earlier and come to the conference? They have collecting runs during the con...

Scott

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm in anchorage untill the 13th, is the problem. The conference would be really cool to go to, but i can't! Im jumping from one place to another in june. Then, the 22nd, i have to be back in Boston too, so i'm capped on both ends...

If i want to go, that slot is the only time i can go, which sucks, but what can you do?

i figure Dr.Breene will know some places, and there's going to be some stragglers that are still hanging around carlsbad :)

i have to solidify plans this weekend.
peace
dave