Cold Weather Shipping

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So I was just in Ottawa with a balmy +5 to 0*C and decided I was going to put a recently purchased pokie in my luggage to ship to Regina (-20*C) Stopping in Winnipeg which was (-26*C)

(I flew Air Canada:barf: and the pokie was in the cold for approximately 7 hours)

I am pleased to say that to spite my best efforts, my heat packs failed to work (I got ripped off). BUT the pokie survived the trip anyway. Thus far it has yet to emerge from the tube it was placed in for travel, but it has uncurled and moved towards the opening of the tube.

I am very happy.

Question for you all;

a) is it likely to spontaneously die even though it seems to be responding fine to re-warming, eg. warming to room temperature.

and

b) After putting this with more delicate species through this, I'm no longer afraid of cold weather shipping. Was I worked up about nothing before in regard to cold weather shipping?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
To be honest I am not too sure of your questions however I am pleased to find out it made it. Interesting that you went the route of putting it in the luggage.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
To be honest I am not too sure of your questions however I am pleased to find out it made it. Interesting that you went the route of putting it in the luggage.
I was up in the air on whether to mail or to put in my luggage.

But I got the heat packs (which didn't work) so I figured what the hell, 20 times as much padding and insulation due to my clothes, heat pack and a sturdy box packed tight to send it in was much cheaper than the 40$ to mail it plus insulated box.

Last edited: