Colbalt Blue Or Orange Baboon

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Would be fun to get together take pics and mate species too.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
No idea i am interested in finding out also. I really want to attend a show with Tarantulas so I can see all the diff types of T's upclose and in person instead of just pics.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah so much more interesting to buy in person than on the net.

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Skadi, Antivenin is alot more than what you said, at $15 a vial it would be a bargain. I work in a hospital and know the pricing of these things, they are not cheap. I have never seen any scorpion anti-venin, at least not here.

Andy

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
want to know when shows are:
KINGSNAKE.COM ---> events

there you go
peace
dave

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there we go skadi, now we're even (i just saw your other post on page 2) =D

now we're back to normal, yes? ;P

peace
Dave :)

MrMatt

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Skadi, Antivenin is alot more than what you said, at $15 a vial it would be a bargain. I work in a hospital and know the pricing of these things, they are not cheap. I have never seen any scorpion anti-venin, at least not here.
I have to agree with vulpina, during ER clinicals there was a snake bite victim and one vial of antivenin was a heck of a lot more than $15 (please correct me if I'm wrong Vulpina but I seem to remember them being more like $1000 a pop) when ask how much they give the reply from the PA was "It depends on how good of insurance they have, if their self-pay they get 'home treatment'." =D They administered 12 vials in the ER and more after he was transfered to inpatient care. Teach him from being stupid with his pets :D (He was hand feeding a south american rattlesnake of his)

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
so are these people that keep hots just stupid, wealthy, or both?

certainly wouldn't be a first in the latter case. :p

vulpina

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Matt,
Yep, you're right it is closer to $1000 per vial, I've heard in severe snakebite cases of them giving 20 or more vials. Skadi, the people who keep venomous species (snakes, scorpions, gila monsters) are not necesarily stupid. You just have to use extreme care and show the animal alot of respect. Do not put yourself in a position to be bitten, hence my Look but Don't Touch, philosophy with my T's. I don't have any HOT reptiles or scorpions. All of my snakes are non-venemous species and any scorpions I've had aren't too venemous.

Andy

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
i was more using sarcasm, hence the smiley face. however, i do think it's a huge, unnecessary risk.

it disturbs me greatly for those people who keep hots or other large, dangerous animals in homes with children. i get so tired of hearing about some child killed by the gentle family burmese. (sigh)

i guess it's mostly the fact that ignorant people can own hots that truly disturbs me.

hell, you can get a green anaconda for $60 at a reptile show. for those of you that don't know reptiles well, those are the most massive snakes, can get up to 30 ft though it's unusual. but unlike the retic who is longer at 33 ft max, they are MUCH more massive.

they also don't have the best dispositions.

now tell me, why in the name of the Goddess is it so easy to cheaply purchase a potentially highly dangerous animal?

i think that's what disturbs me the most. though, definitely, some of the people i've seen keeping them should not have even non-hots. :/

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
anyway............................................You should get the P. murinus, it was my first T(as a sling). Very easy to care for, and very entertaining. If you have been taking care of scorpions then you should be fine experience wise, just remember, they can be real quick.

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
usumbara's are freaking amazing.

seriously

just a blur of orange and fangs :)
but really an interesting species.. i can't really explain why, but...

get one and you'll see :)
later
dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I just got my first usambara today totally awsome female i went to a pet store here in phoenix she first set up in the corner, for the first half hour or so she was in the cage and then an hour later had that corner she was in webbed up and sits up there like a hammick kinda nice spider very cool awsome colors very agressive there normal invert guy wasnt there so they had a guy that was scared of spiders getting the T's and scorps and stuff, i first was going to get a h.gigas but then i decided no i was the usambara up there and he looks at me like are you serious, im liek yeah his eyes get wide open...i had to help him get it out, first thing it does is attack the tongs awsome spider just dont plan on holding it

As far as cabolts go i alwayz here people say how you never ever see them and its like raising a pile of dirt id go with the usambara cabolts do have awsome coloring and stuff but whats the point of having it if you dont get to see it is the way i look at, is that wrong for me too say???because i want it to be in its natural invierment but i actully wanna be able to see it thats why i decided to get the usambara instead of a burrowing spieces like H.Gigas anywayz laterz

Sean

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sean, man, thats not wrong for you to say, and anyone that would say anything to you about that is wrong, in my opinion!!! :) there, i said it, and i'm sticking by it :)

thats the whole beauty of opinions man... you got yours and other people have theirs.. Mr.deranged (scott) just reminded me of that! Stick by yours, no matter what people here say... who cares if someones going to yell at you about your opinions.. it just speaks MILES about them, right?

Some people aren't T collectors.. they only want docile Ts or aggressive Ts or colourful Ts or big Ts... some people don't want to care for dirt.. some lividums stay underground all the time, some stay underground 80% of the time...

point is, dont worry. say it and speak your mind.

personally i like having all the T's :) i know i'm not alone (johnny???!!!!)!

And my little usumbara sling has a little web hammock.. the other day i say it with 2 legs hanging out.. i was trying to see if it was holding a beer and had a leg down its little T pants a la al bundy :)

peace
dave

Sean

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by RugbyDave
sean, man, thats not wrong for you to say, and anyone that would say anything to you about that is wrong, in my opinion!!! :) there, i said it, and i'm sticking by it :)

thats the whole beauty of opinions man... you got yours and other people have theirs.. Mr.deranged (scott) just reminded me of that! Stick by yours, no matter what people here say... who cares if someones going to yell at you about your opinions.. it just speaks MILES about them, right?

Some people aren't T collectors.. they only want docile Ts or aggressive Ts or colourful Ts or big Ts... some people don't want to care for dirt.. some lividums stay underground all the time, some stay underground 80% of the time...

point is, dont worry. say it and speak your mind.

personally i like having all the T's :) i know i'm not alone (johnny???!!!!)!

And my little usumbara sling has a little web hammock.. the other day i say it with 2 legs hanging out.. i was trying to see if it was holding a beer and had a leg down its little T pants a la al bundy :)

peace
dave
well thanks dave, yeah i got mine today made a hammock and it just is sitten there kickin it kinda like your...lol@ "was trying to see if it was holding a beer and had a leg down its little T pants a la al bundy :)"

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
lol. you know, the little legs hanging out of the hammocks and stuff make it sound like your Ts are like iguanas when they're lounging around. :) very, very amusing.

amy'm

Arachnopeon
if you are starter niether

Hi,

i have been keeping tarantulas for a while now and currenlty own 10 i started with a g rosea (chillean rose) some say that that are boring and its like having a pet rock, however this dosile species is extremley tolerant which makes for good handling practice, i also have a cobalt & and orange baboon both of which i have never handled, cobalts can be to tempremental and baboons are very fast spiders that climb so if you want them for handling then i would say no as they are not really like scorpians ( i have also kept scorpians) as once a scorpian is on your hand it sits there tarantulas are often very different.

other good handlers are b smithi, avicularia, i do also have a salmon pink goliath which i handle but only because i have reared that from a spiderling trying to handle a fully grown one for the first time is not advised, start of with an easy one and when you get the T bug you won't stop soon you will have loads for handling loads for just looking and each are as rewarding as each other.

bananaman

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I own both species, both impressive and beautiful... I'd go for the OBT if you wanna have fun ;)