Colbalt Blue Or Orange Baboon

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
so what do you think are the most docile, easy, and able to be held scorpions?

i don't like conflict with animals...only people.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Everybody is doing very good posts especially for 4 am for us east coast people lol.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
that reminds me...i got bitten on the cheek by a house centipede.

dunno if anyone has ever seen one of these suckers. they can basically be blue, brown, or red around here.

they look like soft and gentle catepillars with spider legs (lots) and huge fangs. :/

it numbed most of the left side of my face for hours. i freaked out very shortly after and must've talked to one of the least concerned poison control people that lives. :p

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The only scorp i hold is my small asian forest scorp cause its so small. Some people like too hold their flat rocks even though they can pinch.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Only thing that ever bit besides a horse thats another story lol is a small crab spider on the ear when i was a kid ouch that hurt:8o

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Lol yes it is pretty good for 4am but this is the time i am usually most awake. And at the same time I enjoy talking about T's and helping others out. Whenever I talk to someone who I havent told about my T's its usually the first thing that comes out of my mouth after the introductions. Some people think its neat and others say they want to step on my T's which shocks me greatly. If someone stepped on one of my T's on purpose i think I would have to lay them out or maybe step on them :p. Anyways im rambling again.

TheDon

While I am at since this thread is pretty hot at the moment does anyone have info on the psalmopoeus pulcher (Panama Blonde)
http://gea.free.fr/fiche psal-pulcher.htm are they readily available? or harder to get I know they are from the same family as the Suntiger which I own, but am curious to know more about this T

Last edited:

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
hmmm...interesting to think about.

dude, if those are the little bastard red spiders that look like they're crabs and are super-aggressive...GRRR. they piss me off to NO end.

well, your advice is appreciated dude.

let me tell you, NOTHING enrages me more than animal abuse, neglect or general apathy towards them.

direct threats of violence begets much fang-bearing.

violence...hell, they'd be bailing me out of jail. :/

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah Don i can talk all day about arachnids my mom got me into them when i was young my grandfather was a exterminator my mom always asked him find a black widow i want it. He did one day was awesome she had he egg sack a little bit later and died was sad but was fun too watch

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you know...that scorpion post dave made with his suggestions makes me think he hasn't forgiven me for the beating comment.

:(

(just looked up fat-tailed scorpions)

you're a beast dave, a cruel beast. :p

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah skadiwolf i wont stand for animal abuse. When i was 15 i was walking buy a guy i went too school withs house they had all theses kittens and dogs who were starving. Too make a long story short i took one but had too get it put to sleep it was too late. Then they tried to say i stole it. Made me so mad i told them if you dont feed your animals ill burn your house down was joking but mad about it. Police were not happy with that statement i told them about the animals dont think anything was done.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
every single time i've gone into a pet store and seen true animal neglect i immediately look around the rest of the store, make mental notes, head home.

once there, i call the department of agriculture and file a detailed complaint about exactly what i saw.

so far, i've helped put one exclusively reptile place out of business.

i sleep better at night because of it.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
hmm... I know how u feel... there is a petstore in the mall close to me and they have a Costa Rican Zebra that is very mistreated! There has been times when we have gone in there and the waterdish has been empty :eek: which makes me very angry. Also the water dish that they have in with it is too deep and not wide enough for the T to easily drink from. So I went to Walmart and bought a water dish for it and asked for them to change it for me and the one girl who is actually nice did for me. But when I was orginally in there about a month ago I asked them to replace it and there simple reply was "Well we mist the cage so that should be enough water for it" I was like what the fuk no its not and i tried to explain to them proper care for them since at that time I think i owned 5 of my own T's but nope they wouldnt hear it. In their minds they knew best. I dont think petstores like that should carry more exotic pets like T's and Scorps because they dont have the proper help to know how to take care of them. Plus it is neglected because to all the people who work there it is just a gross spider :mad: makes me very angry!

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah the petco near me there are never any crickets in anythings cage never iv been going in there for years. Now if they were being fed regularly there would be some crickets that would be in there from them noy being hungry.

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
don, dude, seriously call the department of agriculture and tell them everything you've just told us. they actually take stuff like that seriously.

GO GET 'EM!!!

:D

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
for real... I am going to the Humane Society tomorrow to donate Dog Treats and Cat Treats so Kristen and I were thinking of saying something to them but im not sure if they can do anything but I know the Tarantula guy who supplies most of the petstores around here so I plan on telling him about it and going to see if he will stop supplying them. But It would make me feel much better if it was taken form them aswell as the scorps they have. What I would really like to see is to them not to be allowed to carry anything like that from now on even if it means that I may miss out on something interesting showing up there. Plus the poor thing has been there for a couple months now and prob longer. :( so sad

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
they have no power.

get this - in order to operate in business, pet stores MUST have a license from the Department of Agriculture locally.

call them or nothing will get done. they take complaints seriously and actually send someone out there.

be prepared to name animals and conditions, dates, the name and address of the store, etc.

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Too bad we dont all live near each other we could all go shopping for new species together.:D

skadiwolf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
well, not much to shop for around here...(grin) however, you guys could've come with me when i got my G. rosea or my A. avic since those are the only ones anyplace near me stock. heheehe.

i'm in pretty tight with a fantastic local pet store and i'm going to encourage them to order in some of the more docile, pretty species. however, considering that i'm the only one who bought a G. rosea of the three they ordered...

thing is weird that hey sell pretty quickly out of emperor scorpions. go figure.

TheDon

ArachnoDon
Old Timer
Yes that would be cool... but if there was only one of a certain T and we all wanted it what would we do then? Death to everyone who wants my T :p lol j/k but seriously it would be interesting to all get together but it is somewhat impossible considering that there is so many peeps and all from diff places. Personally if there was going to be a huge get together I would want to attend just to meet all the interesting people that are on this board.

TheDon

jper26

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Anybody know of any huge shows on the east coast anytime soon?