coconut husk brick question

tapkoote

Arachnopeon
Redoing Anas home today. I'm using eco brick as filler, they seem very damp. Should I dry the media before she goes back in?
I watched a house spider start to melt in the shower, one time.
thanks Pat

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Need more info homie... What kind of T? Just how wet is the sub? Generally if the enclosure is well ventilated and you really squeeze the heck out of the coco fiber it's going to dry before it harms the T..

What's this about melting spiders? I have seen stuff like that but it was after a Gorillaz concert and I was watching my own Ts..Lol..

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
I use an old(but clean) t shirt, throw a bunch of substrate on it and wrap it up and ring out excess water.

Your smithi will enjoy dry substrate.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Need more info homie... What kind of T? Just how wet is the sub? Generally if the enclosure is well ventilated and you really squeeze the heck out of the coco fiber it's going to dry before it harms the T..

What's this about melting spiders? I have seen stuff like that but it was after a Gorillaz concert and I was watching my own Ts..Lol..
OP is new his spider is a b smithi he already has a thread about 'Anastasia'

14pokies

Arachnoprince
OP is new his spider is a b smithi he already has a thread about 'Anastasia'
Ahh. Thanks bro..

OP just squeeze that sub in your hand untill there is no water water dripping and you will be fine.. Squeeze hard coco husk holds water very well..

tapkoote

Arachnopeon
I'll use the other thread, it wasn't wet enough to "wring out", but did fog the glass.
She evedently doesn't like the new eco soil, I'll post a vid later. Over on home coming for ana.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I'll use the other thread, it wasn't wet enough to "wring out", but did fog the glass.
She evedently doesn't like the new eco soil, I'll post a vid later. Over on home coming for ana.
She doesn't like it because it's still moist, you can stick it in the oven to dry it out. B. smithi are more of a dry loving species.

tapkoote

Arachnopeon
Had a daddy long legs in the shower corner, the high humidy turned her legs rubbery had to put her out, she was melting.:astonished:

Bread

Arachnopeon
This will sound silly, but I stick it between two metal plates and drive the van slowly over it a few times, amazing the amount of moisture than can come out of that stuff.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Lay it out on a cookie sheet in 115F weather. That'll dry it out real quick.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Not everyone gets to bake like us, although even here in California it's been cooler lately haha
We're finally getting away from 100+ weather out here. It'll be in the 80's on Tuesday, and I'm shipping out four packages of spiders and roaches that have been on hold because of the weather.