Cockroach MILK ?

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
that may possibly be the most disgusting thing I've heard of so far. Aside from the poop coffee. I keep looking for the "The Onion" logo on that story. lol'

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
It's probably better for me to not state what I think about those issues, but, since there's rich fools that enjoy to eat insects in "cool" "alternative" restaurants in New York like Cambodia people did (and not for a "fashion" issue) under Pol Pot tyranny, the future IMO doesn't look that good uh.

Thank God I live in Italy, where no one lol would even dare to discuss poop like that.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Hahah
It's probably better for me to not state what I think about those issues, but, since there's rich fools that enjoy to eat insects in "cool" "alternative" restaurants in New York like Cambodia people did (and not for a "fashion" issue) under Pol Pot tyranny, the future IMO doesn't look that good uh.

Thank God I live in Italy, where no one lol would even dare to discuss poop like that.
There is a very under developed source of food insects are but I think the milking thing is to much

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Hahah

There is a very under developed source of food insects are but I think the milking thing is to much
Oh I have absolutely no doubts that inside roaches, crickets or name a bug :) there's protein or what else. Just that "Christ, no!" IMO :angelic:

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Well they are taking the "milk" and reproducing it in a lab without using actual cockroaches, so it's not like they are milking cows. Since it's synthetic it's also technically vegan, so if it really becomes a thing I may have to try it one day...

Jerry

Arachnobaron
Like my dad used to tell me when I was a kid how do you know if you don't like it if you dont try it :D

Jerry

Arachnobaron
It would fly off the shelves tell some one found out what it really was LOL THEN YOULD HAVE A LAWSUIT

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
It would fly off the shelves tell some one found out what it really was LOL THEN YOULD HAVE A LAWSUIT
It has the chemical components in the ingredients list. I mean, it's synthetic, it's not actually from the roaches. ;)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
like Cambodia people did (and not for a "fashion" issue) under Pol Pot tyranny
Did? Cambodian?
If you happen by N. Thailand be sure to visit Wararot Market. Get there early, like at 06:00 when the vendors are cooking the various bugs. You can place an order on how you want your roaches cooked and spiced.

Jerry

Arachnobaron
@The Snark
I would love to that would be awesome who wants to pay for the trip I'll eat all the bugs they can catch for a chance to see some place like Thailand

Tenevanica

Arachnodemon
I'd drink it. I already eat cockroaches anyway, so I don't know what difference a synthetic extract would make for me.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Did? Cambodian?
If you happen by N. Thailand be sure to visit Wararot Market. Get there early, like at 06:00 when the vendors are cooking the various bugs. You can place an order on how you want your roaches cooked and spiced.
Oh I know, I know. Well, not exactly the detail/location you mentioned, but that type of street food. I mentioned Pol Pot and Cambodia because, a lot of years ago, I've read that during Pol Pot, people started to eat 'Haplos' because food was lacking.

Now I don't know if that's true because (while indeed probably under Pot food market weren't skyrocketing in supplies) this doesn't match with the fact that other neighbour nations ate those as well. Anyway, maybe I'm wrong and you can correct me, but among all of the S.E Asian nations, isn't Cambodia at the first place when it comes to fried 'Haplos' ?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
but among all of the S.E Asian nations, isn't Cambodia at the first place when it comes to fried 'Haplos' ?
Without researching the diet augmentation of multiple societies and cultures, from observation of apparent tradition, bug hunting for munchies, especially among the children, appears commonplace in the Hmong as well as other tribes. But focusing on the Hmong, this has come down through the ages from their sino-Tibetan ancestors, a hunter-gatherer culture well over 1000 years old. More likely 2000 or more.
Additionally, in agrarian cultures/societies, protein supplementation inclusive of bugs is a norm throughout the third world.