Cobalt Tarantula?!?!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i got what appears to be an adult female for $40, go for it if you want it

Rob1985

This user has no status.
if it's female, then it could very well be a good deal.

creepa

Arachnoknight
Buy what you want...

I just buy what i want without even thinking of the price.... (unless its ridiculously high ofcourse)
I mean if you realy want the spider and you buy it for $30 and the next day you see the same spider for $25 would that make you feel less happy with the spider you bought yesterday?

LV-426

Arachnobaron
bottom line is at an LPS you take a gamble on what you get. Its cheaper than buying online and you can get a good deal. What i can tell is at my LPS dont care if the Ts they sell are M or F, so the price isnt higher for a female compared to a male.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
bottom line is at an LPS you take a gamble on what you get. Its cheaper than buying online and you can get a good deal. What i can tell is at my LPS dont care if the Ts they sell are M or F, so the price isnt higher for a female compared to a male.
most market value on a female species is higher since they are more sought after and live longer... supply and demand.

If what your saying is fact, then you sir are getting a good deal.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
most market value on a female species is higher since they are more sought after and live longer... supply and demand.

If what your saying is fact, then you sir are getting a good deal.
true that females are more sought after which brings a higher price. I cant speak for all LPS's but i would assume they just sell unsexed tarantulas, and that the LPS doesnt see the value in charging a higher price for a sexed individual.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I wish my LPS didnt care about prices...actually idk if they do, but they have about 4-5" Avic Avic right now for 40 bucks, idk if its a M or F tho. But the same pet store told me $100 for a tiny 1" sling B.Smithi......which is RIDICULOUS i can but seven .5 slings for that much.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I wish my LPS didnt care about prices...actually idk if they do, but they have about 4-5" Avic Avic right now for 40 bucks, idk if its a M or F tho. But the same pet store told me $100 for a tiny 1" sling B.Smithi......which is RIDICULOUS i can but seven .5 slings for that much.
thats a straight up rip off

Rob1985

This user has no status.
thats a straight up rip off
I saw roughly a 4" female Avic avic at a show on Saturday going for about $35, but I am sure you could get that down like $30 or possibly $25.

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ripoff may be a understatement.

I still gave them my name and number just encase it was alot cheaper. But im just going to buy a few slings from the web and when they call im going to tell them how much of a rip off they are.

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Support captive breeding instead of buying wild caught junk from a pet shop.

Later, Tom

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Support captive breeding instead of buying wild caught junk from a pet shop.

Later, Tom
agreed, which is why I am waiting CB sling-juvie H. lividum to be sexed by a buddy, then I will get my girl! :clap:

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, that's a BIG rip off. What a joke! :eek:

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
What i can tell is at my LPS dont care if the Ts they sell are M or F, so the price isnt higher for a female compared to a male.
I almost wish my LPS did sell tarantulas for this reason but they wouldn't likely be an arboreal anyway.

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
agreed, which is why I am waiting CB sling-juvie H. lividum to be sexed by a buddy, then I will get my girl! :clap:
there are about 3 LPS in my area, probably more that I dont know of. My favorite one though is were I bought my mature male OBT for $20 about a month ago. Right now they have a 3.5" Rosea for 20$ and a 3" Pinktoe for 34$
She orders her T's from a whole-sale place so she gets them cheaper. She emails me whenever she gets in new T's and she's been looking out for a T. Blondi for me, haha, along with another cobalt and a metalica.

So i get first pic of all the new T's she gets in.

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I wonder if anyone has ever proposed what the percentage of WC to CB specimens local pet stores sell is...like 80/20? Of course it would be a complete guess, but I still wonder what it would be.

Wolfywolf7

Arachnopeon
I guess you either missed this the first time, or just don't care...
I would love to support capptive breeding! but I also like to support my LPS. I'm close with the owner, due to the fact that I love going to look at all her animals there. Once i get a little more familiar wiith packaging and sending my T's i will deffinately do* my part to help captive breeders, my OBT is ready to breed now, but i kind of wanted to do it myself

and she does get hers from a breeder...

Rob1985

This user has no status.
I would love to support capptive breeding! but I also like to support my LPS. I'm close with the owner, due to the fact that I love going to look at all her animals there. Once i get a little more familiar wiith packaging and sending my T's i will deffinately do* my part to help captive breeders, my OBT is ready to breed now, but i kind of wanted to do it myself

and she does get hers from a breeder...
WC :barf:

I am not a fan of surprises...