Cobalt blue tarantula alive but never see

Hizeki

Arachnopeon
I bought a cobalt blue tarantula almost three years ago. Set it up on a enclosure with cross ventilation and lots of substrate. Just in the hole all day everyday. Only reason I know it's alive is because when I throw a male dubia roach... I can hear the crunching after it goes in the hole. I never seen it come out lol.

Any of you guys have similar experience with this? I would love to sex the tarantula but cannot fathom how I can go about getting it's molt. How have you guys retrieved its molt?

fried rice

Arachnoknight
They are fossorial. This behavior is normal. If you got it as an adult then it’s probably a female if you had it for 3 years.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Fossorial species basically means pet hole, but worth it once you see them out after a long time in full glory.

If you got it as an adult then it’s probably a female if you had it for 3 years.
Time frame is not a good way to determine male from female. Individuals and specimens may vary greatly from one another regardless of sex.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Join the club! No seriously join the I have a terrarium filled to the brim with substrate and it has a hole but where is the tarantula? Been keeping fossorials for over a decade now and I have a couple molts is all. They keep em down in there burrows for some unknown reason.