Cobalt blue sling

dadbod

Arachnopeon
Honestly. Have seen one time since receiving in October 2021. I have only one question. How do I know when it’s molted and not to feed so it can harden up. Super easy to maintain housing just unsure because it eats everytime I offer food. And only reason I know it’s alive is because it takes the trash out. I just don’t want to mess up and get it hurt

Liquifin

Arachnoking
C. lividus are are obligate burrowers, so chances of you seeing it out is going to be a rare sight. My advice is just like everyone elses. If you see it waiting at the entrance of its burrow, you might as as well attempt to feed it to see if it'll eat. If you don't see it waiting at the entrance of its burrow or if it's burrow is webbed up, then it means it's most likely not hungry or leave it alone.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
@cold blood is correct. The best way to see your fossorial is to under feed it. That way it waits @ the mouth of its burrow looking for food. Over feed them and they are gone. All your info here is good and it is the same info I pass along when selling them, or sometimes attempting NOT to sell them, because people get attracted to certain species because of something visual, but if you set them up right and they are healthy, your viewing time is limited. I brought a fossorial set up to the show this weekend soI could show folks how it should look and what a 'pet hole' looks like. Luckily she dug all the dirt out of the back so there is a rear window into her den but that was sheer luck

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Honestly. Have seen one time since receiving in October 2021. I have only one question. How do I know when it’s molted and not to feed so it can harden up. Super easy to maintain housing just unsure because it eats everytime I offer food. And only reason I know it’s alive is because it takes the trash out. I just don’t want to mess up and get it hurt
Maybe you will get lucky like i did and get a window to view your C.lividus from.

Attachments