Cobalt blue possibly bleeding

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So today my cobalt blue molted. I reached in to grab the molt with. The tongs. When I was getting it the area between her abdomen and her carapace started leaking a whitish liquid. Please help I don't know what to do

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
no replys ?? wow first you wana see if its "gushing" is it is you can glue it up or use flower (cooking flower) if its not i would leave it and see what happends

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It did stop bleeding. I put some super glue on it. Unfortunately i think the superglue might keep it from moving it's abdomen. I hope she will be ok. She is not responding much to anything. I wanted to see if she was alive and when I touched her she just stayed there. I think I'll probley need to wait for her to molt again before I can mate her.

joes2828

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So today my cobalt blue molted. I reached in to grab the molt with. The tongs. When I was getting it the area between her abdomen and her carapace started leaking a whitish liquid. Please help I don't know what to do
You reached in for the molt, grabbed it, and right then she just happened to start bleeding?

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ya I know it wasn't me touching her that made her bleed. The molt was infront of her and the back of her was bleeding. I think she started bleeding when she molted and when I disturbed her then she started bleeding again. So ya she did just start bleeding.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry to say that superglue at that spot could indeed make her stop moving, and I'd think it would interfere with her molting again anyway. I truly hope I'm wrong, but it may be too late to save her at this point. In the future, I'd wait to even retrive the molt for a week - let her harden up first. Even reaching in for the molt is a big stresser when she's so fragile.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I hope she's gonna be alright. I'm ready for the worst though. She molted in her burrow pressed against the glass with very little space. That's why I think she got hurt inicialy.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
They can have wet spots on them after molting, its a sort of a lubricant to help with the ecdysis. I would not put glue on a spider if there is not a leaking hole in it.

And you should never grab a fresh molt like that because the spider can really injure themselves if they try to run away with their soft legs

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The bleeding is not her only problem. It seems that ,as I feared, her legs got bent from molting in her small burrow. I don't know if this will go away when she hardens up but her legs all look crooked and spindly. I hope she lives to molt out of this.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much quicker can I make her molt by powerfeeding. I want her to molt asap to improve her chances of survival.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
no replys ?? wow first you wana see if its "gushing" is it is you can glue it up or use flower (cooking flower) if its not i would leave it and see what happends
You mean flour. Dandelions and rosemary won't help his T.

Jacobchinarian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think she is going to be ok. She is moving around a little and is getting her temper back. I went to fill up the water bowl and she went into attack position at the falling water. I stoped with the watering because I didn't want her to chip a fang is she tried striking. Also I think the glue isn't keeping her from moving her abdomen. Only time will tell but things are starting to look better.

boonbear

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You mean flour. Dandelions and rosemary won't help his T.
Yet another useless post that helped no one.

I would have tried the flour first, but it's already done. Super glue is pretty permanent. Hopefully she will be fine.

popcangenie

Arachnosquire
i agree FLOUR would have been the better choice as i stated and please stop with the grammar stuff i posted (cooking flower) for a reason i had no idea how to spell it (i know stupid me )

keep an eye on her i would say feed a little more then normal provide water and leave her NO HANDLING (if its even possible)

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
No, but the spelling police might keep the OP from sprinkling basil on his T in an attempt to help it. ;)
First, I doubt he would sprinkle herbs on his tarantula. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt here, even if there was a misspelling. If you're silly enough to think he's gonna go to the spice cabinet to stop bleeding on his T, I'd rather have his poor spelling than your ridiculous outlook.

Second, since you want to be so anal and technical, both of the seasonings/herbs you mentioned are leaves, not flowers. Go find me some basil or rosemary flowers in the local store. Hint: you won't. If only your spice knowledge was as perfect as your spelling.:rolleyes:

Third, why don't you try helping the guy out instead of beating your spelling fist on your chest. It would be one thing if you corrected his spelling then offered suggestions for help that applied to his scenario, but the way I see it you're just trolling his thread with no positive intentions and nothing constructive to add.

KoriTamashii

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First, I doubt he would sprinkle herbs on his tarantula. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt here, even if there was a misspelling. If you're silly enough to think he's gonna go to the spice cabinet to stop bleeding on his T, I'd rather have his poor spelling than your ridiculous outlook.

Second, since you want to be so anal and technical, both of the seasonings/herbs you mentioned are leaves, not flowers. Go find me some basil or rosemary flowers in the local store. Hint: you won't. If only your spice knowledge was as perfect as your spelling.:rolleyes:

Third, why don't you try helping the guy out instead of beating your spelling fist on your chest. It would be one thing if you corrected his spelling then offered suggestions for help that applied to his scenario, but the way I see it you're just trolling his thread with no positive intentions and nothing constructive to add.
If you're going to use the term 'troll', at least use it correctly.

Anyhow, it sounds like the situation is resolved, so props to the OP for not freaking out.