cobalt blue not burrowing??

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
:( is there a problem if my cobalt blue is not burrowing?? i've heard many people say they haven't seen their cobalts in a couple of months, and then some say they see them quite often. but all these say that the T has a burrow. mine is just hanging out on the substrate and sometimes wanders on the sides of the tank. it is 2.5 inches, has a 6x6 inch and 10 inch deep container. i put about 6 inches of pure peat moss in there and there's plenty of ventilation. the substrate is not really wet, or dry. did i just get lucky with one who's always out? or is there a prob?? :confused:

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I had one that i just sold recently...and instead of burrowing it just webbed up the whole container it was in and used that as its burrow. I wouldnt worry about it as long as its eating you should be fine.

rooster

Arachnopeon
Ive had my cobalt for a few months now and she hasn't even considered burrowing. She has a web "tent" in the one corner of the tank and during the day she webs herself in and every night she rips the web and comes out. The humidity and temp and everything is ok, so I dont know why mine doesnt burrow either, or whats up with the web.

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i got a 2" h. lividium about a month ago. at first it jus hung out on the sides and even the top corner of it's KK.

then about 2 weeks ago it started webbing one corner and moving around some substrate. this is what it's burrow looks like now...

i took suggestions from fellow board members who said "mist the substrate every other day".

xrickus

Arachnopeon
I got my cobalt blue (2.5") 2 weeks ago. it webbed a corner and it was sitting there all day 2 days ago it decided that was time to dig....
it made an impressive borrow overnight, it reached the bottom of the enclosure and all arround the 4 walls, I guess I m lucky the burrow starts on the front of the acrylic box.

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I set up my 1/2" lividium in a pill bottle today with a pre started burrow, only took it about 15 minutes to find the hole and head down. I'm hoping it will end up digging towards the side so I can see it some times.

Giantsfan24

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also have a newly aquired CBB and she seams fine in using the pre made burrow i give her(no matter how deep). I made the 1-2" burrow over a hide and she is chilling in the hide with it partially webbed up.

She is eating and with all the stories about how surprisingly quick they can burrow, I would not be shocked to wake any morning and not be able to find her.

My advice- give it a little bit or heck, they aren't that expensive, buy another one and see if that will burrow more quickly.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
thanks everyone for the response. i've only had her a week, but i guess since i've never had one before, i was gettin a little worried. hmmm, after reading the posts tho i guess she'll settle in after awhile. thanks again all :D