Cobalt blue being bazaar

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
So about a month ago i acquired a female H. Lividum She took to her premade burrow instantly. Sealed it shut. Emerged a week later, ate. Went back in and sealed the burrow. And now she has come out, abandoned the burrow and built a hammock or bubble to chill in the corner of her enclosure. Anyone ever experience this type of behavior?

dopamine

Arachnobaron
My Haplopelma longipes sling built a whole web tube around this deli cup instead of burrowing. No idea why. The last container he was in he burrowed straight to the bottom.
IMG_2046.JPG

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
So about a month ago i acquired a female H. Lividum She took to her premade burrow instantly. Sealed it shut. Emerged a week later, ate. Went back in and sealed the burrow. And now she has come out, abandoned the burrow and built a hammock or bubble to chill in the corner of her enclosure. Anyone ever experience this type of behavior?
Yes. Not a strange behavior in the least.
Is this your first fossorial species?

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Yes. Not a strange behavior in the least.
Is this your first fossorial species?
Nope i have a few. They are all pet holes and only come out at night to drink or come to the mouth of the burrow. I've never witnessed them leave a burrow permanently and build themselves a web tube.

REEFSPIDER

Arachnobaron
Im thinking she may be preparing to molt. The person i got her from said she dropped a fertile sac in june and she looks like she is ready to molt. Obviously she is old world but her abdominal region is very black

Edit: Black and Plump. She is hydrated and fed.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I've stopped assuming that a tarantula will actually build it's hide in the manner that's expected for the species. I've got a couple of burrowers currently living in web tubes just above the ground.

Red Eunice

Arachnodemon
Nope i have a few. They are all pet holes and only come out at night to drink or come to the mouth of the burrow. I've never witnessed them leave a burrow permanently and build themselves a web tube.

More than likely just a temporary lifestyle. My eldest, Cobalt, spent nearly 3 months on the surface spinning silk all over. Once done to her liking, went back to the burrow lifestyle. At nite she seldom ever comes out completely.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Crazy to see all these replies about burrowers living other than just that because 80% of my collection is burrowers and that's where they live..

In the instances where I find my OBs taking up residents somewhere other than there burrow I usually find a bolis, dead cricket or mold that has caused them to pack up and try a different spot..

I'm sure it's normal for a OB to live like an Avic no need to worry:rolleyes: