cloumbus zoo(dial-up warning probably)

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
alot of this im not sure of specific species

i appologize for the bad pics these were taken on the last day of my junior/senior trip and i was scrunched for time and had only about 20 shots on my camera

Aruba rattlesnake(Crotalus durissus unicolor)

Eastern Diamondback?(Crotalus adamanteus?)

False water cobra(Hydrodynastes gigas)

Pancake tortoise(Malacochersus tornieri)

Really bad shot of a timber rattlesnake(Crotalus Horridus)

Macklot's python(Liasis mackloti mackloti)

Fake looking turtle it is real though(no idea on id)

Chamelon(maybe panther?)

Butterfly fish

Red Panda

Asian pheasent(pretty cool they were in a free roaming aviary)

Nesting Flamingos

Stingray(which my classmates found odd i took pictures of it and not the mantee it was housed in haha)

Tigers beating the heat

i forget what this deer like thing is called...it was in the asia area if that helps

Flying foxes

Gorrilla

Some sort of african bird

Otters getting cozy

Pinned P.antinous

i really enjoyed this trip and encourage anyone in the area to go...and go to the newport,KY aquarium it was awsome..unfortunatly i forgot my camera on the bus so no pics of it

olablane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice! ya dont see flying foxes in western US,but ya have to love them. and tigers and snakes and most other critters.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yeah i used most of my shots in the reptile house and wasnt as interested in the big stuff like the bonobos and elephants which again my classmates thought was really odd

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
loved

i loved the columbus zoo.but seemed like almost half the zoo was dedicated to the red panda's when i went (has been almost 15 years)
great pics
andy

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer

Thesius44

Arachnopeon
I keep mellers chams at home, they are the most amazing chameleon. We feed ours anoles! He's about 2 1/2 feet with his tail stretched and we can hold him!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
alot of this im not sure of specific species

Fake looking turtle it is real though(no idea on id)

Black breasted leaf turtle (Geoemyda spengleri), voracious eaters ,they love pinkies. Interesting courtship too, they stare at the female with their necks fully extended

Tarantula_man94

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
MY dad works in colombus and every summer we go there. And every year we go 2 the colombus zoo. I love it.

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
thanks crpy! they sound cool are they a common hobby species
sorry it took so long,:eek:

I wouldn't' say they're common but they're around, I'll check the herp expo this month here and let you know if they have any and what prices they are asking.
we had them when I worked at the Central Fla. zoo, and actually hatched them out. The egg is over a third the females length.