Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

cloumbus zoo(dial-up warning probably)

Discussion in 'Zoo Trips (Man Made Habitats)' started by froggyman, Jun 10, 2008.

1. froggyman

froggyman Arachnoangel

Advertisement
    alot of this im not sure of specific species

i appologize for the bad pics these were taken on the last day of my junior/senior trip and i was scrunched for time and had only about 20 shots on my camera

Aruba rattlesnake(Crotalus durissus unicolor)
    [​IMG]

Eastern Diamondback?(Crotalus adamanteus?)
    [​IMG]

False water cobra(Hydrodynastes gigas)
    [​IMG]

Pancake tortoise(Malacochersus tornieri)
    [​IMG]

Really bad shot of a timber rattlesnake(Crotalus Horridus)
    [​IMG]

Macklot's python(Liasis mackloti mackloti)
    [​IMG]

Fake looking turtle it is real though(no idea on id)
    [​IMG]

Chamelon(maybe panther?)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Butterfly fish
    [​IMG]
    Red Panda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Asian pheasent(pretty cool they were in a free roaming aviary)
    [​IMG]
    Nesting Flamingos
    [​IMG]
    Stingray(which my classmates found odd i took pictures of it and not the mantee it was housed in haha)
    [​IMG]
    Tigers beating the heat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i forget what this deer like thing is called...it was in the asia area if that helps
    [​IMG]
    Flying foxes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Gorrilla
    [​IMG]
    Some sort of african bird
    [​IMG]
    Otters getting cozy
    [​IMG]
    Pinned P.antinous
    [​IMG]

i really enjoyed this trip and encourage anyone in the area to go...and go to the newport,KY aquarium it was awsome..unfortunatly i forgot my camera on the bus so no pics of it

2. olablane

olablane Arachnobaron

very nice! ya dont see flying foxes in western US,but ya have to love them. and tigers and snakes and most other critters.

3. froggyman

froggyman Arachnoangel

yeah i used most of my shots in the reptile house and wasnt as interested in the big stuff like the bonobos and elephants which again my classmates thought was really odd

4. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

5. bluefrogtat2

bluefrogtat2 Arachnoangel Old Timer

loved

i loved the columbus zoo.but seemed like almost half the zoo was dedicated to the red panda's when i went (has been almost 15 years)
    great pics
    andy

6. froggyman

froggyman Arachnoangel

i would have loved to take them but he had himself rested at an akward angle for photo taking..that was my first time seeing one in person and they are beautiful.. the pictures dont do them justice

7. Warren Bautista

Warren Bautista Arachnoprince Old Timer

The chameleon is almost definitley a mellers cham. those things get huge.

8. I keep mellers chams at home, they are the most amazing chameleon. We feed ours anoles! He's about 2 1/2 feet with his tail stretched and we can hold him!

9. crpy

crpy Arachnoking

10. froggyman

froggyman Arachnoangel

thanks crpy! they sound cool are they a common hobby species

11. Tarantula_man94

Tarantula_man94 Arachnoknight

MY dad works in colombus and every summer we go there. And every year we go 2 the colombus zoo. I love it.

12. crpy

crpy Arachnoking

sorry it took so long,:eek:

I wouldn't' say they're common but they're around, I'll check the herp expo this month here and let you know if they have any and what prices they are asking.
    we had them when I worked at the Central Fla. zoo, and actually hatched them out. The egg is over a third the females length.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.