Closing burrow???

invadermike

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey, I know i post here alot, haha i have nothing better to do, plus i have weird tarantulas, haha not really, i'm just not really smart. haha. Ok well my curly spiderling is in her burrow and i was trying to look at her today and i was looking in the little burrow and well... now.. she covered up the entrence to her burrow, and there is no other way out... anyone know why she's doing this? Anyone else have thier curly hair do this? or any T? What is the point of locking yourself in a hole?:confused: :? :confused: :? :confused: :?

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Tarantulas will do this sometimes when thier about to molt . I would not worry to much about you B. albopilosum.

Last edited:

rapunzel

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
oh mine all do it.

it is why i said I am raising containers of dirt. Nice safe burrow with the "door" shut.
It could be getting ready to molt...and it also could have a small hole in the top of the hill...My curly is currently sealed off from the world.

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Originally posted by invadermike
Hey, I know i post here alot, haha i have nothing better to do, plus i have weird tarantulas, haha not really, i'm just not really smart. haha. Ok well my curly spiderling is in her burrow and i was trying to look at her today and i was looking in the little burrow and well... now.. she covered up the entrence to her burrow, and there is no other way out... anyone know why she's doing this? Anyone else have thier curly hair do this? or any T? What is the point of locking yourself in a hole?:confused: :? :confused: :? :confused: :?
My G. Pulchra sling did that the last time it molted. I came back after a week's vacation and it had filled in the burrow and was sitting hungrily above ground. They seem to move earth prior to molts as a protective behavior.