Close call

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've been trying to mate my red phase G. rosea for over two months now. He can't seem to put two and two together, so I have'nt had any luck breeding him yet.
Yesterday or the day before I put him in with my oldest rosea, with the thought, he breeds or dies. Well he's doing the same ol crap of hideing in the upper corner of the cage.
This morning I look in the enclosure to see how their doing and I see the female on her back getting ready to molt. So I removed him from her cage and I'm waiting for her to molt out.
I hate to think of what would have happened if I had gone to work or had been gone all day. On the other hand, he's been such a wimp this whole time he might not have even noticed her molting.
With the strange actions of the G. rosea, its hard to know what their doing. You know what I mean? Its in pre-molt. Well, maybe its just not eatting. Its eatting now, so its not in pre-molt. Then two days later its on its back molting.
I guess the lesson is: Don't leave the male in the enclosure without watching, cause with this species you never know what will happen next.:?

Ernie

BTW, I have this guy with no breedable females. Anyone need a male?

Here's the girl on her back.:)

Attachments

bodc21

Arachnojason
Old Timer
same here im wondering if anyone needs a mature male rosey he is high strung and very aggressive i have no females to breed him with eather

Charlie

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not mine

My male is a breeding fool man. The last time I mated him with my female he had her almost all the way onto her back.

I have mated them about 5 times now. He goes for it every time I put him in.

-Charlie

pategirl

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I've been looking for a male....I have two breedable females, but the "mature" male I just recieved isn't anywhere near mature.

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by pategirl
I've been looking for a male....I have two breedable females, but the "mature" male I just recieved isn't anywhere near mature.
Pategirl,
I have 75 rosea slings now. If you want this guy I'll send him to you if you pay the shipping. I don't want any of the slings if you get a eggsac. Let me know.:)

Ernie

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's done now.
Still on her back resting. It took over 6 hours. :)

Ernie