Close call.. Final pairing of the versicolors (video)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
When doing a breeding loan I take videos of each pairing for the other party and this is just a small excerpt from that...

You can basically ignore my speaking as it's directed at the owner of the MM and really is just me expressing my opinion on whether or not to make an attempt at trying to save the male.. I was given the green light to cohab the male or pull him and with him starting to slow down a little and presumably becoming less fertile I have decided to cohab them untill she eats him, he passes or she creates a sac..

The male came pretty close to meeting Jesus but in the end he tamed my wild beast.. Again!

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Wow, that had my heart in my throat for a minute! She's fast! Fortunately he was faster :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Wow, that had my heart in my throat for a minute! She's fast! Fortunately he was faster :)
Yea he is used to her games.. The first pairing attempt she flat out tried killing him.. She litterally tried chasing him down..

The second introduction she grabbed him after the insert but he was too fast.

I'm pretty sure that last escape was 50% luck 50% skill.. She came close to nailing him straight out of the gate! Lol

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
My paring didn't go that nice ;( my female surprised the small MM and had him balled up in the blink of an eye. I got her to let, go but the damage was done he passed the next morning. Hope you get a big sack of blue tootsies!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
My paring didn't go that nice ;( my female surprised the small MM and had him balled up in the blink of an eye. I got her to let, go but the damage was done he passed the next morning. Hope you get a big sack of blue tootsies!
Thanks man me too! She has tried killing him three times now but he is too fast!

I finally got a chance to make it in to check on them and he is still alive! I'm going to give them a final night tonight and then pull him if he is still kicking..

Sorry about your male.. I'm raising a couple of slings now that are growing very fast.. If they turn out to be male and survive a a few rounds with my girl I would be more than happy to send one out your way..

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Though he was lunch for sure!! Much appreciated. I hope this video shows people that despite Avics being generally calm in appearance, they are faster than we are, and thus should be respected more than they typically are.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I hope this video shows people that despite Avics being generally calm in appearance, they are faster than we are, and thus should be respected more than they typically are.
Agreed.. I believe most Ts can move in short bursts much faster than we can react..

This girl has never been "friendly" whenever I've had to rehouse her she was more than happy to bite the straw.. I have two other 1 inchers that bite first and ask questions later also..

So far the most composed species of Avic I have kept is metallica.. Currently I have 3 adult females.. Two are cooperative and move very slow.. The third attacks anything that comes near her.. No threat or anything she just chomps down and holds on! When I find A MM she will be the last to meet him as chances are high that he won't survive..

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Agreed.. I believe most Ts can move in short bursts much faster than we can react..

This girl has never been "friendly" whenever I've had to rehouse her she was more than happy to bite the straw.. I have two other 1 inchers that bite first and ask questions later also..

So far the most composed species of Avic I have kept is metallica.. Currently I have 3 adult females.. Two are cooperative and move very slow.. The third attacks anything that comes near her.. No threat or anything she just chomps down and holds on! When I find A MM she will be the last to meet him as chances are high that he won't survive..
Agreed on speed. I've seen my AF A. minatrix do things that were well beyond what I had expected in physical movements, not so much the speed, but the amazing dexterity on a stick. Gold medalist in gymnastics!

Same on metallica! If I had known you had 3 females, I would have sent you my male before he expired. He was incredibly docile, and laid back/slow. Those genes would have been great to produce progeny.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Great mating friend, pheew he made it. Thank god for that. Good luck on the future sac. <3 :)

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Agreed on speed. I've seen my AF A. minatrix do things that were well beyond what I had expected in physical movements, not so much the speed, but the amazing dexterity on a stick. Gold medalist in gymnastics!

Same on metallica! If I had known you had 3 females, I would have sent you my male before he expired. He was incredibly docile, and laid back/slow. Those genes would have been great to produce progeny.
Yea our tools are there monkey bars! Lol..

It's deffinately unfortunate because unless I personally know the keeper or they have a very good reputation I won't breed these girls with a male that is already mature..I don't want to chance a mutt male.. I would of loved to have him...
My two girls are so calm they border on stubborn we would of created slings that would be the equivalent to a pet rock or potato.. What would you call that with them being arboreal? Pet stick/mango? Lol

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Great mating friend, pheew he made it. Thank god for that. Good luck on the future sac. <3 :)
Thanks! I thought he was dead for sure! I couldn't believe he was able to slip out like that.. Lol.. He's a freaking ninja!

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Whew close call lol. Hey I was checking out some of your other vids. Man those P. Sazamai are freaking awesome. I knew about them but never really checked them out. They are so dope once they start getting that blue Coloration. Idk when but I'm gonna have to get my hands on one of those.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Whew close call lol. Hey I was checking out some of your other vids. Man those P. Sazamai are freaking awesome. I knew about them but never really checked them out. They are so dope once they start getting that blue Coloration. Idk when but I'm gonna have to get my hands on one of those.
Yea it was close. She's an absolute demon.. I get the same treatment as the male when I go to pull out her water dish or remove a bolus:astonished:.. She's nuts!

Thanks man they are beautiful IMO also.. Mine aren't secretive like many keepers report either.. They are extremely skittish though.. Fast as lightening and just as blue.. Deffinately pick a few up when you get a chance!