Clear fluid?

Midnight1983

Arachnopeon
My G. Rosie has just fallen from the top of the tank onto the substrate, (it's about a 7 inch drop).
Almost immediately after she started to climb back up (so presumably she's not in unbearable agony), I shone a torch on her underside and noticed that there is a small amount of clear fluid that appears to have seeped from her left lung.
Since then she has come down from the side, had a little wander around the cage, and pushed around her little ball ({D ) ie she seems fine. Am I gonna wake up in the morning to find her dead?
Should I worry about clear fluid?

Thanks to anyone who replies :) :) :)

Carl

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yes you should worry that is her blood.
Is it still flowing or is there still some indication that she is bleeding from that area?
If so you are going to have to stop the bleeding because they cant always do it themselves especially if its a deep wound.
Not much of a point in saying more till I know if she is bleeding still.

Midnight1983

Arachnopeon
There is no fluid coming from the lung now, I'll check again in a little while, how can I help to stop any further bleeding if it occurs?

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that's hard to say, since wounds are typically mended with nail products, and that would most likely kill her if she were to "inhale" it. the best thing to do would be sit back and hope that she's alright.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Flour is used sometimes as well. That will give the wound a chance to stop bleeding out if thats what its doing. But for serious wounds liquid bandaid is the best stuff ever. Seals whatever it is in one pass of the applicator. Near the book lungs if she still is bleeding try flour, if its not that close, or its close and bleeding pretty good then use liquid bandaid and or nail hardner.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
This is probably obvious, but you need to add more substrate. If she's a climber, no more than the legspan's width from dirt to ceiling. :embarrassed:

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
be careful, people keep recommending putting stuff on, but you dont want to get any of that stuff into her booklung as that can be dangerous too

best of luck

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is spider blood, if the bleeding is'nt to important, the spider should recover from it. An injure on the abdomen is very bad, and this is more important, because not only the spider is bleeding but some important organ can be damaged from the fall, you can try putting a light patch of vaseline on the bleeding

Midnight1983

Arachnopeon
Hi all, many thanks for all your comments and suggestions, I've kept a close eye on her all night and she seems to be fine!
There has been no more bleeding and she's moving around just fine.

Maybe (just maybe) there is a god!!

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lets hope shes ok and a bit more substrate would help to just in case shes falls again :eek: %%% phil