t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
what about those rubber made enclosures
i have been hearing about anybody got any info\pics

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
what about aquariums or big glass jars? Plastic pet carriers ?

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have those

the plastic gets all scrachy
and the glass all dirty

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
thats true, the plastic does get scratchy. I honestly cant think of anything else. :(

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I don't think you'll find anything else other than glass or plastic containers, heh.

My Faunariums/Aquariums work great. Dirt can be washed.

Aboreal Rayne

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Originally posted by Valael
I don't think you'll find anything else other than glass or plastic containers, heh.

My Faunariums/Aquariums work great. Dirt can be washed.
I believe you can buy a material from GM, called Lexan. This should definatly NOT scratch, and further more provides excelant protection against some one who wishes to use sniper fire!! It's bullet-proof baby...I just don't know what else you would use.

Peace!!

~Aboreal Rayne~

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Aboreal Rayne
I believe you can buy a material from GM, called Lexan. This should definatly NOT scratch, and further more provides excelant protection against some one who wishes to use sniper fire!! It's bullet-proof baby...I just don't know what else you would use.
Peace!!
~Aboreal Rayne~
I'm like the local, unofficial spokesman for Lexan. It's the best stuff out there. Truly resists scratches, doesn't fade, and is extremely durable. You can take it and break a 90 into it.
Here is an example of a Lexan enclosure I made for an adult female Poec. regalis. I made it BIG!
john

Attachments

t man{tal}

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
where do you buy this stuff

can you get from ace or ofice depot

or do you have to gaet this from a special dealer

Lostkat

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That enclosure looks REALLY nice. I think I'll end up making something for my arboreals because I really want to be able to see them, and a petpal on its side just isn't good enough I'm afraid. Glass is heaps better.

Manimal

Arachnopeon
If you ever find yourself in Northampton, Lostkat, The Reptile Centre sell these long glass cages, specifically for aboreals. Good ventilation etc, at £13 you couldn't go wrong :D

Dessicata

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
are they the 'custom aquaria' ones? I emailed but they cant courier those :( i wanted some for my mantids

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Great looking cage, John! how do you join the sides together? Is that an AR I see to match the shotgun in the other pic ;)?

Bill

LaRiz

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Bill,
Everything is screwed together using small sheet metal screws. I wanted the option of taking it apart if I needed to.
And yes, thats an AR15 barreled upper. Good eyes!
That's just another passion of mine. I've got a suppressor(silencer) ordered for that too.
john

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Lexan is awesome! They make remote control car bodies out of it because it is so scratch resistant! I have one that my nephew wrecked a couple times (it's Nitro, so it wrecked at about 50 MPH) and it has only a couple scratches on the nose piece which are hardly even noticeable. You also have to remember, when it impacts, it bounces because it's very thin on R/C cars, so is less likely to scratch. Nice AR! I have a 16 A2 here. I like it, but wish it had auto, instead, 3 shot burst has to work! Great for the range though!

adios,
edw. :D