Cleaning

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
610
I have a questoin about cleaning tanks with the 50% bleach & 50% water.I just bought a spay botle with the mesurements printed on the side to mix and aplay the solution with, my question is is that the right ratio and do I just spyay all the surfaces down then wipe them off and rinse them off real good to make sure there is no toxins left behind. or do I spay the solution and let sit for a certian amount of time before I rinse all the surfaces off good?
 

spid142

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Joined
Apr 9, 2006
Messages
492
no bleach

I use plain water to clean, unless I have a really dirty container, then I use a little dish soap. I wouldnt use bleach, even diluted.
 

Doezsha

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Joined
Nov 16, 2006
Messages
610
The two tanks that I want to clean came in contact with a mite killing agent for reptiles wich is called prevent a mite or something like that. I got the tanks from some one else and just want to make sure that every thing is going to be ok. Im not planing to house any T's in them right now but I want them to be ready wen the time comes.
 

Lilija

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Joined
Aug 16, 2004
Messages
138
Even if you do clean with bleach, stuff that needs that kind of disinfecting (like rodents, or whatever) that is a RIDICULOUSLY high concentration, way way overboard. Try like 1 oz. to a gallon of water, if you really must.

The only time I even clean my T enclosures is between occupants. They're just not that dirty.
 

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
May 2, 2005
Messages
1,870
Id just use dishwasher soap.
This is a bad idea as it will take A LOT of water to rinse the soap away entirely. Just plain water is best. If there is a pathogen, a 10% bleach solution can be used. Just allow it to dry completely esuring the chlorine has evaporated and the bleach has killed all the pathogen, not just wounded it.

In your case, just lots of water would be good. You do not want to mix chemicals. I doubt Prevent-A-Mite would react badly with chlorine, but you never can tell.
 

Snipes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
1,386
If I used either, i would use only a little amount and i would rinse with water afterwards MULTIPLE times. I personally only use water. Letting it set with hot water usually does the trick for me.
 
Top