Cleaning dirt off acrylic

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
Does anyone have a secret technique to cleaning dirt off acrylic?

The cocofiber I use as substrate always have small stray strands that magnetize to the acrylic. When I wipe it off, more come stick to the acrylic.

Maybe I'm missing something from science class, but are there any "hacks" that I can do to clean it off?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
“Slightly” damp down the substrate before applying. Then, after amount desired is in place, come back with damp paper towel and wipe sides down to top of substrate. Pat self on back, you’re now a professional landscaper.

JPG

Auto-Disclaimer Enabled
I just use my brush that i use to move my tarantula when rehousing

Nephrite

Arachnoknight
“Slightly” damp down the substrate before applying. Then, after amount desired is in place, come back with damp paper towel and wipe sides down to top of substrate. Pat self on back, you’re now a professional landscaper.
I'll do that I guess, the B. Boehmei is just have to deal with a little dampness for a bit.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
Don't use paper towel. Will scratch the crap out of the acrylic. Use a microfiber towel.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I use damp toilet paper and it has always worked fine with no scratches.

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
They make some sponges specifically safe for acrylic that’s what I use. I’d also recommend thrying to get the longer strands out of the coco fiber. It usually compacts Dow a bit better and stays down

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I’ve always used paper towel to clean acrylic, never any scratches that I’ve observed. But if you google you’ll find info to the contrary.

Royalty

Arachnoknight
I find microfiber cloths are my best friend. There are some made for cleaning glasses which are great for spot cleaning arboreal messes and the thicker ones I usually use for the heavier messes of coco fiber like when I am first making up a terrarium. Just don't press too hard to avoid scratches. It also sounds like you have a bit of static so your only hope is using a touch of moisture.

EpicEpic

Arachnoangel
I find microfiber cloths are my best friend. There are some made for cleaning glasses which are great for spot cleaning arboreal messes and the thicker ones I usually use for the heavier messes of coco fiber like when I am first making up a terrarium. Just don't press too hard to avoid scratches. It also sounds like you have a bit of static so your only hope is using a touch of moisture.
Microfiber is the way to go for literally cleaning everything from floors to sunglasses to arylic to TV/PC/Phone screens and everything in between.

Everyone should own a couple!

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Scratches just go hand in hand with acrylic, whether they are microscopic or more noticeable, kind of the nature of the beast. I use canned air and a microfiber towel when setting up the enclosure. If the T is in the enclosure just a a microfiber towel or one of those cloths you get to clean your eye glasses lens.