Suggestion Classifieds Poster's Name- Needs IMPROVEMENT!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Straight out, I like the old classifieds section better. This new one, I don't see as many adds, and the pictures are huge. I don't care about pictures at all. I DO care about seeing who the poster's name is. I buy from only CERTAIN people, and no interest in others. Yet, the new version gives me an image the size of Jupiter, and the poster's name is the size of an E. coli or a virus.

Surely you could do 3 things?

1. Reduce image size
2. Increase font size of poster name
3. Make it bold and COLOR it to make it easier to SEE. ;)

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
@viper69

Thanks for your feedback / suggestion. :) Now I'm going to address it. :D

Straight out, I like the old classifieds section better.
I'm genuinely sorry to hear that. The old classifieds section was merely a standard forum specifically for classifieds posts. The new area is purposely built as a Classifieds system and the functionality is light years ahead of the old version.

I don't see as many adds,
Are you certain you're not seeing as many ads, or are you not seeing as many users repost the same ads over and over? With the new system ads are able to be edited / updated. This alleviates the need to repost an entirely new ad every time the Ad Owner wants to make a change.

the pictures are huge. I don't care about pictures at all.
I would hardly call a 300 pixel wide image 'huge' and while you may not care about pictures at all, others might.

I DO care about seeing who the poster's name is. I buy from only CERTAIN people, and no interest in others. Yet, the new version gives me an image the size of Jupiter, and the poster's name is the size of an E. coli or a virus.
I care about seeing who the poster's name is as well. While in comparison to the image, the Ad Owner's name may be small, it's fairly easy to find when you get used to where it's located (which is always after the title of the ad).

If looking at the main classifieds page:
1614450411432.png

If looking at the New Classified Ads page:
1614450508238.png

All of that being said, we are looking into ways to make the Ad Owner's name stand out more. :)

MrD

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
On an additional note, if you are only interested in certain sellers, have you tried the "filter" system of the new classifieds? You can filter out ads by anyone other than the specified user (unfortunately, you can only filter ads for one user at a time though).

• Click 'Filters' in the upper right corner to open the filter
  • Enter the username that your looking for ads from in the 'Created by' Field
  • Click the 'Filter' button at the bottom of the filter window.
1614451249174.png

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Ugh - I’ll check the filters

Everyone lists species, they don’t show images of all the list. This is why I see images as eye candy.

I DO like Q&A section! That’s is helpful.
The posters’ names are small.

It may be that I’m used to seeing “more” for the reasons you mentioned. I’ll check!

Thanks for the quick feedback!